RUMOR T-Mobile Readying A Stock Android Galaxy S4 Variant?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Russel Holley over at Geek.com has just posted that his sources are saying A "Google Edition" Galaxy S4 might be on the way. This device would be the Galaxy S4 hardware with a purely stock Android operating system unmolested by TouchWiz. We kind of already have that with Cyanogen Mod however you have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get that (ie unlock bootloader, install recovery, root, then flash rom ect). This device is said to be in development to appease that small group of individuals that are intent on using Stock Android. This is not anything that I wouldn't expect from a company that has released tablets in every size imaginable. They seem to like to make devices for every appetite. I feel like they really want every phone in the market to be branded with the Samsung logo!

The device is said to be available next month, and is said to work on T-Mobile. Who knows where we will be able to buy this, or if it will actually work stateside. This is a mighty big rumor. If this does happen, and if the phone sells well maybe other OEMs will realize that they don't need to skin the heck out of their devices to sell them. I guess only time will tell.

Thanks Jeff

Via Tmonews

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm looks like TMobile is pulling out all the stops to bring in customers. Now they just need to get their network up to par with vzw and at&t. With that said Tmo has my eye.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
The GS4 running stock Android (4.2) was just confirmed during the I/O Keynote. If only it was available for $649 on Verizon, I'd probably pick this up via the Play Store as my next device. :sad: