[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy F (aka Prime) Images Hit the Web with Brushed Metal Case

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-f-1.jpg

The prolific leaker himself, @evleaks just posted a couple of juicy images. They are supposedly of the Samsung Galaxy F (which is also known as the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime). The primary thing to note in the pic is the brushed aluminum look of the case. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any notable differences from the vanilla Galaxy S5.

galaxy-f-2.jpg

The leaked pics also included some details regarding the device. In fact, the source of the rumint claims the Galaxy F will not be a new version of the Galaxy S5, but will actually be a replacement for the Galaxy S line altogether. This obviously seems dubious and @evleaks mentioned that as well. Here's the scoop,

Wild rumor: This is the Samsung Galaxy F, claims a tipster. It’s said to be a 5.3-inch, QHD, SD805-powered /replacement/ for the Galaxy S line, meaning that there would be no S6. Allegedly launching at an “Unpacked Ep. 2.” THIS RUMOR IS COMPLETELY UNCONFIRMED, UNVERIFIED, UNSUBSTANTIATED. [via tip]

What do you guys think? Is this real or fake?

Source: @evleaks: (1) & (2)

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
For years, Sammy has been taking hits about their phones having a cheap appearance. This makes sense to me.. So my vote is real.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I would wager that an F device does exist in some fashion. That image has obviously been altered but who knows how much or how many times. That design has possibilities whether it's real or not, the way the edge of the metal meets the glass would make it easy to put an o-ring seal there. The band-aid dots on the front look like the back of the S5 but I think a brushed look would be better. Isn't this the one that's only for Korean release?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No word on that detail yet @jspradling7