[Rumor] New Leaks Out More Specs for Samsung Galaxy S5

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s5-concept-image.jpg

According to some new intel from famed leaker @evleaks, we now have several supposedly confirmed specs/characteristic of the Samsung Galaxy S5. Here's what we have gleaned from the latest leaks,

• The name will be Galaxy S5 (didn't know that was an unknown quantity...)
  • WQHD (2560 x 1440) - 2K display
  • Fingerprint Scanner
Both of the last two features were confirmed because of leaked .apk file names. They were: “FingerprintService.apk” and “3DTourViewer_WQHD_K.apk.” On top of the info leak, the below pic is supposedly a snapshot of an SGS5 wallpaper.

galaxy-s5-wallpaper-leak.jpg

Of course, since these are leaks you should still take them at face value for now. Despite @evleaks' excellent track record, nothing is 100%. We will continue to keep you updated.

Source: @evleaks: (1) & (2) & (3)

jspradling7

Reaction score
Everyone has different needs. I have no need for a fingerprint scanner, maybe there will be a version of the phone without it or a retina scanner either. I want security like that on my safe not my phone. If I have data that sensitive I'm not going to put it on my phone to start with. Hell, if you ask me nicely I'll probably show you my emails if you want to bore yourself reading them. "Hunny, bring home some milk" ain't exactly James Bond stuff. : )

Rhino94

Reaction score
Everyone has different needs. I have no need for a fingerprint scanner, maybe there will be a version of the phone without it or a retina scanner either. I want security like that on my safe not my phone. If I have data that sensitive I'm not going to put it on my phone to start with. Hell, if you ask me nicely I'll probably show you my emails if you want to bore yourself reading them. "Hunny, bring home some milk" ain't exactly James Bond stuff. : )
I agree nothing needs to be that safe. BUT now that phones are coming out with technology to hold all your credit and debit cards you need to make sure those are safe. I dont want my roommate taking my phone and unlocking and getting all my info.(not that he would do that).

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't put banking info on my phone. There's no need - I have my cards in my wallet and I have my laptop at home to do online banking. I can't envision a need to access that info right now on my phone out in public that doesn't involve me having been forgetful/irresponsible/reckless.

Now I like the idea of a thumbprint reader working as you slide to unlock your phone, but only if the tech advances to the point where a combination of sensors knows to turn on the display (without draining battery from constant monitoring) when I'm picking it up to access it.

Rhino94

Reaction score
I don't put banking info on my phone. There's no need - I have my cards in my wallet and I have my laptop at home to do online banking. I can't envision a need to access that info right now on my phone out in public that doesn't involve me having been forgetful/irresponsible/reckless.

Now I like the idea of a thumbprint reader working as you slide to unlock your phone, but only if the tech advances to the point where a combination of sensors knows to turn on the display (without draining battery from constant monitoring) when I'm picking it up to access it.

Its the way of the future to have everything you need right on your phone. Everyone else just has to catch up

jspradling7

Reaction score
Screw that.. I want a chip in my head with all that info. Just scan me as I walk thru the door. lol

kinfolk248

Reaction score

Well damn, they have to have some type of marketing gimmick. Hardware nowadays is leagues ahead of software, with the exception to battery tech but thts another soap opera, thts y phones aren't advancing in leaps and bounds like a few years back. But I agree tho, if you wanna read so boring ass emails from ups saying your delivery is on schedule then go ahead...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Its the way of the future to have everything you need right on your phone. Everyone else just has to catch up

Not until a phone is more convenient than swiping my CC. Even mobile boarding passes on my phone are only more convenient if there's a line at the kiosk.

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
2K screen... gracious child... still can't get over that. How my phone could have a higher resolution then my high-end computer monitor... damn

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
2K screen... gracious child... still can't get over that. How my phone could have a higher resolution then my high-end computer monitor... damn

It will be truly amazing when we get robotic eyes that enable us to finally appreciate that much resolution on a smartphone.

"oh my gosh Scarlett Johansson DOESN'T have flawless skin!"
- dude, clean the dirt off your screen

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
One thing about the fingerprint scanner: Samsung is trying to position itself as the go to source for all things corporate, and this is another part of that. Quick but secure access to all the information on the device without having to remember passwords or PINs.

Add that to their one-off OS that in theory will integrate all devices across your company and you have a very desirable package. Some see it as a gimmick, but most will find it convenient, and corporate/government buyers will see it as a lot more than that, especially with viable on-board encryption. I won't ever complain about a device having this option as long as it works as intended and doesn't cause headaches.