[Rumor] Motorola Droid 4 Made Brief Appearance on DroidDoes Site; Maybe Here Dec 22nd

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 20, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Some folks at Pocketnow supposedly grabbed the above pic of the Motorola Droid 4 from the DroidDoes site, before it was yanked offline. This hints that the previous rumor of a December 22nd launch date could turn out to be accurate. It'll be nice to see the orginal Droid series get an LTE radio. This one should look appealing for those users that prefer a slide-out QWERTY keyboard and/or a smaller screen. What do you think? Did anyone purposefully bypass the RAZR and the Galaxy Nexus to wait for this one?

Source: PocketNow
  2. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

I gotta see this up close. That pre render makes it look weird.
  3. me4droid

me4droid New Member

I'm waiting to buy so I hope it comes out on the 22nd. Buying a new phone for my husband for Christmas. My son says go for the keyboard, but I really like the razr. I have the D2G and use the heck out of the keyboard, but with the larger screen the virtual keyboard seems really good. I want to get a peek at the D4 if it comes out to compare.
  4. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

That screenshot does suck. However, from the previous pictures the keyboard looks to be the best yet. I'm looking forward to trying it out, seeing how the screen actually feels at that resolution/layout. I miss having a great keyboard but beating my Galaxy Nexus for overall usability might be very tough indeed.
  5. mysticalmalissa

mysticalmalissa New Member

I really liked my D3. If this is a lot thinner then that, I will take my rezound back and jump on this.
  6. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

If this device is anything like the RAZR there are going to be some happy customers:) I love that keyboard. I actually miss having one.
  7. snowman

snowman Member

I sent my Galaxy nexus back today , thought it was very chaply made and would be very easy to break so I'll wait for the D4
    the D4 is supposed to have the same dual processor so it will be fast enough for me and the camera only had 5 MPX, on the Galaxy nexus, so no real deal on that either
    The D1 I have fells solid like a really well made phone and I need a little bit of toughness since it will be my phone for 2 years
    pretty un impressed with the Galaxy nexus, for the big bucks.
    The screen seemed like junk on the Nexus also.maybe easy to scratch.
  8. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

I like the droid razr but I really prefer the physical keyboard as I do use it in some scenarios. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to afford the Droid 4 any time soon. I'll probably wait until I hear that the locked bootloader can be bypassed and a kernel with iptables support can be installed on the device.
  9. orion2001

orion2001 New Member

Looks like this might be the phone my wife picks up. We both love our OG Droids to death and have been waiting it out for the upgrade. The Galaxy Nexus just didn't do it for me. My wife still wants a physical keyboard and hates all the oversized screens on the newer phones. I think the Droid 4 will be perfect for her.

I think I'm going to hold off on my upgrade till the next gen of ICS phones...unless I really like the Droid 4. In that case, I'll wait till it is rooted and ROMd (if it gets there) before taking the plunge.
  10. hradek422

hradek422 Member

I skipped out on the RAZR as soon as pics leaked on the D4. I'm waiting for it.
  11. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

The only thing I miss are the keyboard shortcuts. Those came in handy.
  12. patfactorx

patfactorx Member

I have a Gnex and ICS feels like a beta rom at this point. I think the Droid keyboard line are still better phones when you consider you are getting better hardware and the same variety of OS choices when you flash roms.
  13. krazienluv10

krazienluv10 New Member

im thinking of trading in my bionic for the d4
  14. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

Can't wait to see this phone! Wish we had more info on the screen than just "qHD", but whatever. I won't switch out my GNex + D3 for it due to it not being a big upgrade from my D3, just a bit new design(finally the lip is gone) and 4G LTE, but I definitely can't wait to play with this for a bit. I sure do love phones.
  15. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

Lol "faster than an F-18".
    Isn't it F/A-18?
  16. dsw1519

dsw1519 New Member

Droid 4

I'm waiting to see this phone before I buy. I'm still rockin the D1, and I'm not a big fan of how large the Nexis, Rezound and the Bionic are.
  17. SilentJay

SilentJay New Member

I've been passing up everything coming along clinging to my OG like its my own kin. This is finally the upgrade I've been waiting for. Glad I passed up on the D3, this thing looks real deal!
  18. jjbinks82

jjbinks82 New Member

I just absolutely loved my D2! My upgrade came and I sold out to the Bionic over D3 tho only because of 4G. It was very worth it!! I really miss a physical keyboard. I'm stoke'd now with news of the D4!!

I'm going to wait for root and wifi -tether before changing over. I think I will totally pay full price for the D4

Shot from EVER DRFIANT ROOTED BIONIC
  19. linkboy

linkboy New Member

I told my wife that I would use my upgrade to get an iPhone and I'd use it until her upgrade comes in February if a phone comes out that I like. I think this is the phone that I'm going to get.
  20. LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican New Member

I absolutely LOVE the look of the Droid 4. I like my bionic and plan to keep it for my whole contact. But man I want that 4.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums