[Rumor] Galaxy S III May Get Jelly Bean Aug 29 & (prob fake) Galaxy Note 2 Pic Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sg-note-2-leaked-pic-maybe.jpeg

Here's a couple of juicy Samsung Galaxy tidbits for you guys. First up, the above pic is supposedly a leaked pic of the final version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The smart money would bet that this one is probably a fake, as it looks like a fairly cheesy render-job. Still, even if it is a fake, it's actually possible that the "artist" might have surmised the details correctly and accidentally gives us a worthy simulacrum. There were some details that allegedly came along with this pic, but it isn't much different than what we have heard before. The phablet will supposedly have a 5.5-inch 1280 x 800-pixel Super AMOLED screen. What is different than previous rumors is that the device will supposedly come with a regular RGB matrix, rather than PenTile, and will not be a 1080p screen. I wouldn't hold your breath on that, except that the lack of 1080p seems like a good guess.

The second tasty morsel to ride along on this rumor train is that the Galaxy S III may get Android 4.1/Jelly Bean as early as August 29th. This would be pretty thrilling news if true. Of course, we will keep you informed if/when we find out anything more.

Source: GSMArena

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^. Sad, but likely true. :(

riko540

Reaction score
If you own the VZW version you'll be lucky if you get the update by the end of the year. I don't think that the VZW Gnex has gotten a official 4.1 update yet.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
maybe the 29th for the rest of the world, not us VZW folks

Another reason (though a small one) I left verizon and my unlimited data for AT&T. I do hope we get it this month. Would be great.

As for the Note 2, I doubt it. Its just a large S3. I doubt Samsung would make them look so close.