[Rumor] 8.9" Nexus 9 with Better Than 2K Display Coming to Compete with iPad Air

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-tablet-any-size.png

Rumors of a Nexus 6 and a Nexus 8 have been floating around the web for months. Today we have inklings of a Nexus 9. Supposedly, Google is developing an 8.9-inch Nexus 9 tablet designed to compete directly with the iPad Air. According to this rumor, it will have a display that is better than 2K. No specifics were given regarding the specs of this display or the device itself.

The only other thing revealed was that it will be one of the first devices to include Android 5.0, and that it would cost around $299.99. If true, it would probably be a ridiculously good bargain. We are actually pretty skeptical of this news here at HQ, but it would be great to see come true. What do you guys think?

Source: BGR

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think Nexus devices are dead to me until Google pulls their no-SD-Card-and-tiny-memory-with-no-user-replaceable-battery heads out of their butts.

If and when they do, I'll be quite excited about their Nexus devices.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think Nexus devices are dead to me until Google pulls their no-SD-Card-and-tiny-memory-with-no-user-replaceable-battery heads out of their butts.

If and when they do, I'll be quite excited about their Nexus devices.

Seriously. It's a media device, and an SD is needed in a world of data caps (not to mention, many people with tablets opt for wifi-only).

On a related note, I love the voice search function. But now they try to shove Google Now down my throat - there seems to be no permanent opt-out option to avoid this from popping up occasionally, and I've not figured out what to install/uninstall to get voice search without Google Now and other intrusive trackers.