Rubix compared to Gingerbread(rooted)

tlozano09

Reaction score
so im running rooted gingerbread and i love it so far. I love all of the features and the new look but....

I really miss Rubix 2.0.1.... i really do. i miss how snappy it was and my setup.

i really hope drod makes a rubix for gingerbread.

anyone else feel the same?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
He said he would try but couldn't promise anything.... would be very nice though, I loved rubix when I was on it but missed the themes from liberty.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

EagleStrike

Reaction score
At first speed is what all that really mattered to me. This was the case for 2.0-2.2 with Droid 1 as well as my X.

With Gingerbread 2.3, the features it has and all the glittery looks with the nice new additions of the improved Blur.

I could care less for speed now, I grew tired of 3rd party launchers... They caused more problems than joy.

With saying all this. I am a proud user of a Moto Gingerbread device! With the default Moto 2.3 launcher!

Lastly, I did come from Rubix, and I must say, I'm glad I have Blur back.

seanubis

Reaction score
I installed Rubix and got it tweaked to my liking just before all of this Gingerbread stuff blew up, so I'm sticking with that for now :)

chefb

Reaction score
How about this .....when I first rooted Rubix was my first rom ..awww......now I flashed through Roms:icon_ banana: and all the sort. But now gb is here! And you know what I'm going back to stock!!!! Gingerstock and I'm going to make a complete circle and come back from stock to rubix Ginger, or the gin-bix. Take your time drod make it sexy.:icon_ banana:

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
Yea this blur is great but man i was not used to any lag whatsoever.... lol gingerblur is quick but still a little lag compared to rubix :)

leonozug

Reaction score
I tried the rooted GB X but wanted to go back to RubiX 2.0.1...little did I know you had to SBF it back. Luckily no problems, and I'm back to RubiX.

mikey4226

Reaction score
I tried the unrooted GB, and dl'd all the files and was ready to give the rooted GB a shot, but I decided against it cus I really missed the stability and speed of Rubix Focused. I had it OC'd, undervolted, and set up perfectly for me, so I SBF'd, and restored by backup.

I just didn't get enough out of GB to try the rooted version. It was slightly laggy, and as cool as the new launcher was, I don't really use the app groups, so it didn't matter to me. One thing I did like about GB, though, was the new text cursor. I thought it was much easier to navigate between letters to edit text compared to froyo. I also liked the new calendar.

Maybe once the rooted GB gets more stable (based on the comments, it seems like a lot of people are having issues with it right now), I'll give it another go...but until then, I'm happy to be back to Rubix =)

marcfogel

Reaction score
Yea this blur is great but man i was not used to any lag whatsoever.... lol gingerblur is quick but still a little lag compared to rubix :)

I agree. I installed GB - non root and when back to rubiX Focused 24 hours lately. No comparison.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
My paid version of quickclock wont appear in market since rooted gb install. Drod needs to update the app?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My paid version of quickclock wont appear in market since rooted gb install. Drod needs to update the app?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Drod isnt the dev..... and give it time, not everyone is as on top of updates as Jrummy is. We only just got root for gingie today for crying out loud.....

djdubd

Reaction score
I tried the rooted GB X but wanted to go back to RubiX 2.0.1...little did I know you had to SBF it back. Luckily no problems, and I'm back to RubiX.

Actually I've heard you can use the Droid 2 bootstrapper to get into recovery on rooted GB, gonna try to do a backup now, if that works I don't see why you couldn't use recovery to go back and forth.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It wont work because the original nandroid requires files that are replaced by gingie and vise versa.

djdubd

Reaction score
My backup just went successfully, and I can still see my backups in recovery, as well as see them on my sdcard. GB didn't mess with them in my case. I haven't tried restoring one yet, but I will tomorrow to try and confirm, unless someone else beats me to it.