Rubix compared to Gingerbread(rooted)

JNEHAMA

Reaction score
My backup just went successfully, and I can still see my backups in recovery, as well as see them on my sdcard. GB didn't mess with them in my case. I haven't tried restoring one yet, but I will tomorrow to try and confirm, unless someone else beats me to it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can't go back with your nandroids or maderstok. It's been tried. You can use TBH 2.3. 340 full update zip but if you want to go back to Gingerbread you must SBF. Mikeinrichmond tried allocate these so he could report on it. As for the market jrummy created a fix that allows the market to show all your apps. I'm sorry I don't have the link but I found it in DX forums in the official quickclock thread. Good luck.

Edit :and jrummy updated his droid overclock app to support Gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jordan8

Reaction score
so im running rooted gingerbread and i love it so far. I love all of the features and the new look but....

I really miss Rubix 2.0.1.... i really do. i miss how snappy it was and my setup.

i really hope drod makes a rubix for gingerbread.

anyone else feel the same?

Drod said he's done working on the DX, he's deving for the thunderbolt now. Rip drodspeed on DX :,(

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Ok, from rubiX Focused 2.0.1 to GB rooted...I'm actually SBF'ing right now to get back to rubiX. Yes, GB is way faster and smoother than Froyo. I mean, I was like everyone else....WOW!

How every, rubiX on Froyo still tops it to me. True, with GB I achieved Quadrant scores that I've never seen before on my DX like 2245 @ 1.45GHz LV. The highest I've had with rubiX 19?? (can't remember exactly but I never broke 2K).

I'll go back to GB when GB based ROM's show up. Best believe that there are folks working on it right now. I'm tempted to get a TB since DRod is working on that now. But I still have a year and I refuse to pay full price ($599?) for it even if I sell my DX.

EagleStrike

Reaction score
I'm just saying but wow, I'm baffled at everyone who is perfectly fine with downgrading.

People out there just need a little patience and just try the GB rom out for a few days and by them a custom rom will be out. Then you wont have to go through the long sbf process all over again just to get that new custom GB rom.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
How is it a downgrade to go back to all the bloat and blur that still drains battery? Why is it a downgrade to have what we should be able to have already, a stock (as close as we can get with the bootloader locked anyways) rom?

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Oh I know what you're saying. I had to sleep on it as to whether or not I was going to revert back to rubiX. I haven't had any issues with Launcher Pro. When I had ADW I had no issues either. I tested GB and yes I actually like it way more than anticipated. But just like when it was first released, yeah, I dl'ed but didn't install it. Then came the lil issues of no root, then once rooted no recovery. Yes, I know it's been fixed...I had all the fixes in place. For me rubiX is in the sweet spot for me. But just as DRod has moved on I am ready to move on as soon as someone has a stable GB ROM for us.

The more I talk about it the more I want to switch back. I know I had to sbf to get back to rubiX but it's really not a big deal for me. i have plenty of time to do this stuff at work...LOL!

But again, I feel what you're saying.

Last edited:
OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
Oh I know what you're saying. I had to sleep on it as to whether or not I was going to revert back to rubiX. I haven't had any issues with Launcher Pro. When I had ADW I had no issues either. I tested GB and yes I actually like it way more than anticipated. But just like when it was first released, yeah, I dl'ed but didn't install it. Then came the lil issues of no root, then once rooted no recovery. Yes, I know it's been fixed...I had all the fixes in place. For me rubiX is in the sweet spot for me. But just as DRod has moved on I am ready to move on as soon as someone has a stable GB ROM for us.

The more I talk about it the more I want to switch back. I know I had to sbf to get back to rubiX but it's really not a big deal for me. i have plenty of time to do this stuff at work...LOL!

But again, I feel what you're saying.

i too feel like rubix was my sweet spot after trying almost every rom i could find for the droid x... But i am looking forward to trying new roms for gingerbread... change isn't always a bad thing :)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My only problem with rubix was not having the oreo slice them that liberty does.... I loved how fast and stable it was though.

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
My only problem with rubix was not having the oreo slice them that liberty does.... I loved how fast and stable it was though.

did you ever check out the "UD" theme? in my opinion that was the best theme of any theme i have ever tried..

EagleStrike

Reaction score
How is it a downgrade to go back to all the bloat and blur that still drains battery? Why is it a downgrade to have what we should be able to have already, a stock (as close as we can get with the bootloader locked anyways) rom?

Which is why freezing the apps gets rid of the bloat. Honestly, I have had really good battery life better than Rubix as well as Liberty ever gave me.

Trying new things is never bad, just try it for a bit and it will grow on you, trust me.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Kinda hard to try it without it being released yet for my phone ;) hopefully it will be soon but according to p3 there's no eta yet.

No, I didn't check out the UD one..... I might when I get home though.

Jordan8

Reaction score
No, he said he would try still..... no eta on it though.

From Twitter...

Kicker22004 Richard Myers
@drod2169 Are you done with roms on the DX. Would really like to see a GingyRubix

drod2169 Derek Rodriguez
@Kicker22004 if you followed my tweets.. you'd have an answer :)

@drod2169 i am following you .....must have missed it all i'm seeing is HTC latly so figured you are roming TBs

jordanh08 Jordan Harrell
@Kicker22004 @drod2169 I think he gave his dx to another dev. So I assume that means hes crossed over to HTC :(

drod2169 Derek Rodriguez
@Kicker22004 yeah. Sorry man

@drod2169 d*** i love your roms more than the others...so far they are the smoothest/fastest. Well the HTC communety will ENJOY! Thanks

This was wednesday night.