Rovio has really dropped the ball on their Angry Birds Android port

velocity92c

Reaction score
It was announced several months ago that Angry Birds would be coming to the Droid, then a video was released about 2 months ago showing it fully functional running on a Droid.

Yet their only response when asked when it would be released for the past 2 months has been 'soon'. I know nobody wants a product rushed out the door and full of bugs, but this is getting ridiculous. Instead of telling us 'soon', just give us a date, even if it's 3 months from now. They've had time to add an expansion pack for the iPhone version but still no Android port. I have a feeling as soon as it's released it will become the #1 selling paid app of all time in the Market in a short amount of time.

Hopefully they get it released soon.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would also like to see this game, along with bird strike

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
They released the damn game on the Palm app store before Android, how silly is that?

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Truth be told...

They released the damn game on the Palm app store before Android, how silly is that?

It isn't silly at all, iOS to WebOS ports are very simple, the Obj-C code can be plugged right into the PDK and works very well, even with OpenGL code.

iOS to Android is going to almost always be a complete re-write unless you don't care about performance.

If you want to see a completely botched port, look at some of the early EA games that were ported to Android (Monopoly Here and Now is a shining example). The game runs properly, but the code execution is horrendously slow and it crushes the CPU.

Don't forget the headaches involved in developing/QA across multiple GPU architectures.

Good times...

-Mike