Rovio says that Angry Birds: Space already downloaded 10Million times in three days

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WKgGphfZXqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WKgGphfZXqA[/video]​

It looks like those furious fowl that like to fling themselves at befuddled sow are even more successful at doing it in the icy reaches of outer space than they are on the dirt-packing earth. Rovio, the famous makers of the Angry Birds game series for mobile devices, have just released their initial numbers for the newest iteration of their bird flinging challenge. Angry Birds: Space was downloaded over 10 Million times in just three days! Wow!

They didn't specify how many of those were the paid, .99 cent, version versus the free ad-supported version, but those numbers are still ridiculous either way. Apparently, Rovio doesn't plan on sitting idly by and, in fact will be releasing four new Angry Birds titles in 2012. As a side-note, as if it weren't obvious that the game is a monster success, you have to realize you have something big when your product makes international internet headlines because a rumor suggests it won't be ported to Windows Phone, and could cripple the adoption of that platform. It turned out to be untrue, but really exemplifies how a particular product can become ubiquitous to such a degree that it becomes part of mobile culture.

How many of you guys have tried out Angry Birds: Space? Share your thoughts on this new version.

Source: TechCrunch

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have downloaded it on my phone and tablet .. i think i have played the first 2 levels and that is it ..

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Its a fun little game! A little easy though. Ive gotten 3 stars in every level i have played. Maybe....20 levels... A good time waster!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
i have downloaded it on my phone and tablet .. i think i have played the first 2 levels and that is it ..

Same here. I played the first one to death and got all perfect on all levels. Same with the Seasons one and Rio. I'm pretty much tired of it in general. There are better physics based games out there to me.

SkippyBoy217

Reaction score
Yea i got and i suck at it.....fml hahhah

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I already beat the few levels of this release, with 2 or 3 stars in all the levels. J like the game but listening to the laser birds gets annoying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I downloaded it too. I got through the first 10 levels with mostly 3 stars but it's getting harder as I go. Like Combatmedic said, it's a good time waster.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
I downloaded it too. I got through the first 10 levels with mostly 3 stars but it's getting harder as I go. Like Combatmedic said, it's a good time waster.
Have to agree with ya, downloaded to mine and my girls phone and already got past the first 10 levels but it is getting harder. Will not give up until i win em all with three stars, haha.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmm, which one version of angry birds is the lightest on resources? i really want to try it out but i'm still on the good old droid 1 and the regular free one doesnt run very well at all :frown:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
hmm, which one version of angry birds is the lightest on resources? i really want to try it out but i'm still on the good old droid 1 and the regular free one doesnt run very well at all :frown:

Couldn't tell ya that. Visit each app store page and compare download sizes. I only keep one version on my phone at a time because they are space hogs. I just uninstalled "Seasons" and replaced it with "Space".

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.

AirPlayit

Reaction score
Angry Birds: Space was downloaded over 10 Million times in just three days! Wow!
This is a cool and funny game and 10 Million is really amazing. Have not downloaded it yet and will have a try, thanks for the news.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

all of them run well on the D1 I had way back when the problem is the ads on the free ones use 70% of the memory up the paid one only uses 25-30 of memory try the paid one it might work much better on your D1 I know they always did for me & it is only 99 Cents with No ads to

Big Ry

Reaction score
I paid...its fun enough to deserve supporting the devs and not having ads. Fun iteration of a great game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

jtallen123

Reaction score
My kids still use my old D1 for the games. All the angry birds games work just fine with it. Free version is all I have ever used on it too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
My girl still uses the OG Droid and have never had a problem, all she ever used was the free versions too. But if you find it becomes laggy because of the ads and yopu dont want to pay for it, just keep checking Amazon as they will eventually offer it for free. Thats actually how I ended up having every version :biggrin: