Rooting the x

HayWire

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is there a link on with instructions on how to root the x somewhere? I rooted my droid 1 back when I had it so I imagine I'll want to root my x as well but I'll need some assistance.

J

Johnly

Hey guys,

Is there a link on with instructions on how to root the x somewhere? I rooted my droid 1 back when I had it so I imagine I'll want to root my x as well but I'll need some assistance.
Don't take the first word. I used Z4root, but a confirmed older version. I also made sure and had the correct sbf's, RSD, and drivers ready to go in case. I recommend you do the same:) If you know how to get a device out of a boot loop, then you are ready to root IMO!

firefighter48

Reaction score
Download z4 root its a one step root not like the droid 1 with rsd lite it can be done without computer and just a tip to speed up ur phone look up ways to delete blootware .

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the timely replies. The z4, do I Download that. On the x or on my phone? And it's one click? Wow. I hated using rsd lite on the droid. I'll have to read up on those links when I get home.I dont know if I remember how to get it out of boot loop lol.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
I used this specific z4root on the latest OTA for the droid X.
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
worked flawless. Just use astro (free in market) to install the apk. Once file is on root of SD card select it in astro and select app. That is how I did it. Make sure and do a nandroid backup right after root! Don't ever loose that file.

Thank you. If I all do is root my phone but don't put custom roms on will I still get ota updates from Vzw?

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
I ran z4, but how do I see if it's rooted now?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup. Use a root only app. And if it asks for SU permissions then you're rooted.

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I got Wireless tether to work so it must have done its thing! That was so much easier then using RSD lite..