Rooting The Music App??

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
If I Root my Droid Bionic, will I be able to make the factory installed music app work correctly by making some kind of Super User setting changes???

If I sync my music from my PC to my Bionic, it wont load the album covers. If the phone is rooted will I be able to correct this problem???

I now use Album Art Grabber, but its not always that good.

My D1 and DX would load the album covers but would scramble the order of the music, un-aceptable behavior in a phone.

I like the Bionic, but I like my CD collection to work properly on the device.

Or should I toss the damn thing and get a phone that does music correctly? Anyone have any suggestions on either rooting or a new phone that does what its supposed to do in the music app????

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have the Bionic, but I have the original Droid. Daughter has a Droid 2, and other daughter has a Stratosphere. Native music app on all 3 phones suck. I also have a Galaxy Tablet. Same issue. 4 different "native" players, 4 headaches.

Rooting will have no effect on this. I love the music player "TuneWiki". Also, "3" . Both have ability to correct album art from program. Stratosphere daughter wont let me install another player, so after she downloads music, I correct tags manually. I love the applications iTag and AudioTagger. Meridian is another excellent music player. (I like how TuneWiki incorporates social networks to share music, and how it scrolls the lyrics...)

If the native music player is Google Music, tags and art need to be corrected from pc...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

dags5000

Reaction score
Root is simply giving you the user power to execute commands thag are normally restricted to the operating system. It does not provide random extra features to apps

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Just use Google music. Cloud based, super easy to buy new music from the play store, accessible anywhere. Oh yeah I guess the cover art works, too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums