How do I clear album art from "3" Music app?

GeneRs

Reaction score
Does anyone know how tho clear the album art from the "3" Music App? When I installed DE and reinstalled "3" the album art was all messed up. All the covers are there but they no longer match up with the correct artists. There MUST be a way to clear them all and make the app research for all the covers like it does when you load new music. I'm open to suggestions. Thanx

truckrod

Reaction score
easy just long press on the album art n it will start loading 6 or 8 new art as the one that u want comes up press on it n it will paste the new art on that frame

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured that out. But really dont wanna have to do that for all of the artists on my phone. There HAS to be a way to make the app start from scratch and reload all if the pics. The images must reside somewhere that I can delete them which should force 3 to re search for them. Veeeery frustrating.

DreamOperator

Reaction score
Preferences>Clear album art

Then, while on the main screen, hit the menu button> Get album art, if you're trying to redo it.

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Preferences>Clear album art

Then, while on the main screen, hit the menu button> Get album art, if you're trying to redo it.

Nope... Doesn't give me the option to clear album art under preferences. Just gives me the option to "Get album art" and that only updates any that happen to be missing. I'm thinking the art must reside somewhere on the SD card because it didn't have to reload art when reinstalled after DE. Too bad the DEV of this app isn't reading this post.

DreamOperator

Reaction score
Really? I double checked before posting that info.

Hit Menu, select Preferences (bottom right), you should see:

General (section title)
Use headset
Full screen
Thumb controls
Lock screen

Album Art (section title)
Always use ID3 Art
Clear Album art

There's more after that, but that should be what you're looking for.

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
That option is NOT there. Maybe its the .apk that im using. You wouldnt be interested in sharing the.apk you are using would ya?

DreamOperator

Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with that, but I'm sure I could pull it off with some direction. Have you tried reinstalling it?

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Got it!!!

It was easy peasy once I found the file I was looking for. Resides on SD card/Albumthumbs/RockOnNg. Deleted RockOnNg and retarted "3". "3" reloaded all art. All Album Art matches artists now. Thanx to Truckrod and DreamOperator for helping me. Much appreciated.

shoot2scre

Reaction score
It was easy peasy once I found the file I was looking for. Resides on SD card/Albumthumbs/RockOnNg. Deleted RockOnNg and retarted "3". "3" reloaded all art. All Album Art matches artists now. Thanx to Truckrod and DreamOperator for helping me. Much appreciated.

I was having this same problem after I upgraded to BB 1.1

So thanks.

jimmyg

Reaction score
[ Off Topic ]
I have been using the original music player and 3. cant seem to get 3 to shuffle all my music. i've noticed that when using the original music player for 20-30 mins "3" will start up all by it self and start playing a random song and i will have 2 songs running... anyone else have this happen? has happened like 4x times today
[ /Off Topic ]