rooting the INC

SECRT AG3NT MAN

Reaction score
Ok i got my DINC i rooted my D1 and stuff installed 2.2 but with the INC does the 1 click root work well and does 2.2 allow 720P video?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Camcorder is bunk in almost all 2.2 roms. Need the .32 kernel source from HTC

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't. HTC hasn't released the source. Unless you think you can build your own.

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
as long as you update the radio/baseband, 720p recording works for every 2.2 rom aside from cyanogen

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thats the only one I use. Thanks for the heads up

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
yeah but like you said once they [htc] release the source code, it will most likely be in cyanogen as well. when the 7/27 ota with the 2.x radio was leaked a few weeks ago, cyanogen got gps and camera (i believe). so once the new stuff is released im sure they will fix the rest of the few remaining problems.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
You can actually get the 720p Camcorder right now by updating your radio. This does NOT require rooting and should not cause any issues as far as receiving the new OTA when it comes down the line. I have included the link to update the radio in the General section of the Incredible forum on here. Follow the link and directions explicitly for the 720p and other radio updates. It also include wifi hotspot but you will have to get that turned on with Verizon for the official wifi tether.

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
as long as you update the radio/baseband, 720p recording works for every 2.2 rom aside from cyanogen

yupp i said that :) seems a bit sketchy though, since it is most likely not the actual official release, and is somewhat difficult to reverse (unless you wish to delve deeper into the android hacking experience with the soon to be released s-off)

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have s-off and of course flashing radios is so much easier. But yes the kernel source was released last night. And yes you can flash radios without root. But before you flash radios think if you every want to revert back. Doing so requires the SDK and some trickery in fastboot. As it is almost certain the real OTA will have a different radio(the leak the most of you run is a 2.05, I have 2.15 so there are different radios out there) and unless you go back you won't be able to flash it. Unless S-off has been released but you will need root for that. So just a caution for the non-rooted radio flashers.