Rooting Issues

Fiyazai

Reaction score
Heh, first post...this'll be a bit lengthy...for me anyways.

I've had a droid eris for just over a year, and finally got around to looking into modding it. I rooted it successfully last night, and decided this morning to try and flash a rom to it. I didn't look into how to do it, at all...and ended up wiping the phone without anything on the sd card to load in, I tried using the recovery to flash in a rom I later added onto the SD card, and ended up getting errors on multiple roms, I looked into getting it back to stock, most of which requires a functioning phone. Luckily, my mom has the exact same phone, completely stock...but, she was complaining about it...so I just rooted hers too. Now, I have a rooted 2.1 Eris, Completely backed up with nandroid. I have this backup on an sd card which I tried to restore on my phone through the Clockworkrecovery that was installed whilst rooting my phone.

Tll;dr, My phone won't boot because I made a mistake, I used another phone to make a backup of a perfectly functioning eris, but my phone is giving me an error on flashing the boot image.

Thanks for any help you'd be able to give me, I'm sure you're all busy with your families seeing as though it's easter. It's weird being buddhist in a house of christians...

OP
F

Fiyazai

Reaction score
Awesome, I'm going to try and snag the rom using my mom's sd card and her phone, and just sliding her sd card into my phone and try loading it through that. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Good luck, make sure you follow every step, i learned most everything i know on this website and the only time i ever had any issues is because i missed a step during a process.

OP
F

Fiyazai

Reaction score
I tried installing the froyo ROM from the first link you posted, As with other roms I've tried to use, I'm getting an error on installing them.
"E:Can't symlink /system/bin/cat
E:Failure at line 13: symlink busybox SYSTEM:bin/cat"
The other errors are not the same, but are similar.

OP
F

Fiyazai

Reaction score
I'm going to now, I flashed Froyo to my mom's, and I can't wait to fix mine now haha

OP
F

Fiyazai

Reaction score
I think that the back to stock link you posted isn't for the eris, Stock for the eris was still 1.5 I think, This one's 2.0...I'm not sure what to do