Rooted, Now what can I delete/freeze

tonyadurr

Reaction score
Ok, so I am rooted and HAPPY dancedroidbut I don't know what I can or can not delete as far as bloatware or anything that is NOT needed on the phone. Is it better to delete or just freeze? I have Titanium backup and bootstrap recovery. Also this damn battery drains FAST!!! Any suggestions are greatly appriciated. Oh and sorry if I started a thread that was already out there :icon_eek:.

Tonya

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Well 1st off congrats on rooting and you will find quit a few diff things you can with it....but IMO I don't delete any bloatware I just freeze it bc when the updates do come around you will have to have those files to update so just freeze them and you will b good....as for battery life I run libertys rom has gr8 batt life in it so that's highly recommended IMO....and bootstrap if you dint know how to use it then just leave it alone till you search around

pool_shark

Reaction score
I didn't delete or freeze, I just moved the apps I never use to a separate directory.

Battery life is user dependent. Don't have your email or social media apps sync too frequently, if you're in an area where you get 1x more than 3g it's going to crush your battery.

I don't concern myself with any of those things since I charge frequently.

OP
T

tonyadurr

Reaction score
YAY I got responses. I was beginning to wonder if I stink........lol. I haven't messed with ROM's because well they scare the crap out of me. lol. I am having fun playing with layouts and things right now. Are there any MUST have apps? I guess that really depends on the user, huh? Thanks for the replies guys :D

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yes it does for sure wireless thether for me was the 1st thing and a rom and theme but be very comfortable b4 you go flashing one there's not much to it anymore but still....are you on a d2g?