Root my Ally w/ 2.2

travk72

Reaction score
Does anyone know if my droid ally w/ 2.2 can be rooted and what is the best way. I literally spent 10 hrs lastnight try all the online suggestions. Superclick, z4root, and universalroot. Super click did finally load, but it didn't do anything. Got all excited but then when I tried to use setCPU nothing happen. No permission pop up or nothin. I also had notice all the root intruction were all dated before the last update. So I'm feeling that I'm s#*t out of luck... any suggestion?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Did you try gingerbreak apk v1.2. Just google it. It worked for me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

TheCometRider

Reaction score
I rooted my dad's Ally 2.2 using SuperOneClick. You will need a computer. The only hard part was finding the proper drivers for the Ally. I ended up downloading the software for the phone from verizon, and the software automatically downloaded the drivers. After that, it is just one click as the name implies.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Ryelic

Reaction score
I would try gingerbreak as bdsullivan suggested, no need for a computer u can do it all from ur phone...i did however have 2 download an app named "download all files" in the market to be able 2 download the v1.2 apk...after that it was a smooth root : )

jonyboy

Reaction score
Should I root mine, is it worth it?