Root for the stratosphere?

sagarmody

Reaction score
Hey icebear, I did that, and I did have root.
But when I try to use a application that needs the phone rooted, it says the phone isn't rooted! Please root the phone, and try to use the application again.

So, I am not sure whats going on..

But anyhow, I am stuck on that step on the guide about listed devices..

Please help.
Thanks

icebear

Reaction score
so right when that program was done rooting your phone did you go into your app list and see if you had super user are you sure the root kernel is install when u start the phone does a yellow excalmation symbol pop up under the samsung logo

sagarmody

Reaction score
Yes, I am positive that the kernel has been done because I do see a yellow exclamation whenever I restart the phone!
And what's the Superuser thing? I don't get that..
Anyways, please see what could be done.
Thanks for help!

icebear

Reaction score
ok if you say you have the image file on your phone and you used the link i gave you to root your phone you need to go into your app list and see if you have a app called superuser

cydetrakd

Reaction score
Yes, I am positive that the kernel has been done because I do see a yellow exclamation whenever I restart the phone!
And what's the Superuser thing? I don't get that..
Anyways, please see what could be done.
Thanks for help!

It seems you have root once you have that yellow logo only thing left to do is download superuser from the android market place and hope the root went all the way through. Then wait till someone figures out to how to install clockwork recovery on the strato.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
i will be rooting my wifes stratosphere tonight after work. I knew if i waited long enough the bloatware will annoy her enough to surrender her phone to me.

HAHAHAHAAHA

thechemist45

Reaction score
Hi maybe you can help me? I have my 1st I phone the samsung stratosphere. My problem is I have my brightness set to %60 instead of auto brightness. As I like my phone bright. Battery is not a issue with me as its plugged in most of the time. However I will be surfinng or reading or writing a e mail and I will notice it goes dim. So after I finish the e mail I go into settings and sure enough its all the way down as low as it can go and I put it back where I like it untill it does it again. Is there anyway to make it stay where I prefer it? Any help would be appreciated thanks Mike in ct

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DroidForums

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have the power saver option on. It sounds like culprit...

Hi maybe you can help me? I have my 1st I phone the samsung stratosphere. My problem is I have my brightness set to %60 instead of auto brightness. As I like my phone bright. Battery is not a issue with me as its plugged in most of the time. However I will be surfinng or reading or writing a e mail and I will notice it goes dim. So after I finish the e mail I go into settings and sure enough its all the way down as low as it can go and I put it back where I like it untill it does it again. Is there anyway to make it stay where I prefer it? Any help would be appreciated thanks Mike in ct

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DroidForums

thechemist45

Reaction score
aboit my backlight problem......

i will be rooting my wifes stratosphere tonight after work. I knew if i waited long enough the bloatware will annoy her enough to surrender her phone to me.

HAHAHAHAAHA

Hi thanks for trying to help. But I checked all of that stuff. The phone works fine. Except for my verizon service in stamford ct it goes to 3G & then to 1xD lol But the brightnessgoes dim intermitently is not a crisis but Iy would be nice to fix!? I just got barely done taking 6 weeks personalizing the phone. So I don't want to remove everything on the phone. I pulled the battery and it seemed fine for 24 hours then did it once early thismorning. I'm wondering if it could be something I'm doing?