Root for the stratosphere?

chewy74

Reaction score
Is anyone working on rooting the Samsung stratosphere?

If so are there any updates?

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
Thanks for the link up

Anyone root yet? Want opinions for those who rooted and their experiences to see if it worth it before rooting the wife's phone

Reaction score
Mine is rooted. At this point the biggest benefit of rooting is getting rid of the bloatware along with other apps that require root. I do recommend reading the Rootzwiki thread before rooting. I do have the Samsung drivers posted in there somewhere which you'll probably need. If you got any further questions feel free to ask.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
yeah, thats what i was rooting for...wife was complaining about the bloat

sagarmody

Reaction score
Hi there.. I tried to root my phone, but cannot..
I got the phone to be detected on the cmd window.
And after that, it says, to flash it using one command. I copy and paste it.
Then then guide says that the phone will reboot with yellow ! triangle symbol.
It doesn't!! It just stays at the same window "Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!"

Can you please help me as to how can I get it flashed so it reboots with ! yellow symbol?

sagarmody

Reaction score
Okay, I downloaded and installed the driver.
And I also flashed the phone.
The phone rebooted..

I turned on the USB debugging. And it is currently on!

BUT, the step after turning on debugging, i.e. Now, in the command window, make sure your phone can be seen..

I am not able to see that device. I am not sure how to do these steps.. Can you please help?
The heimdall folder with the extracted files are on desktop in C drive.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unplug and replug the phone after you turn on USB Debugging. If that doesn't work then reboot your PC again. It took me a few times doing that until finally ADB decided to detect my Stratosphere.

csideceo

Reaction score
Can,t change chmod permissions in the last step of Stratosphere Root help!!!!

Mine is rooted. At this point the biggest benefit of rooting is getting rid of the bloatware along with other apps that require root. I do recommend reading the Rootzwiki thread before rooting. I do have the Samsung drivers posted in there somewhere which you'll probably need. If you got any further questions feel free to ask.

I couldn't change the chmod permissions after pushing the root files to the proper directories. How do I fix this so I can sim unlock? Please help.

Scrip
Http://Twitter.com/Poeticperfect
Noobie

sagarmody

Reaction score
I really need some help now..

Its been like 2 weeks of trying, and didn't success! So, please someone help me now.

I am stuck on the rooting process from step:

"Now, in the command window, make sure your phone can be seen:

F:\Downloads\heimdall-suite-1.3.1-win32>adb devices
List of devices attached
3235A3CA0D8400EC device

Before that step, it says to let the phone restart, makesure USB Debugging is on ---> I DID THAT! And everythings fine until then.
And then I try to do that command in cmd, and it says "The device is not ready".

I am really not sure what to do from this step.. Just a few steps left.
Please help.

Thanks in advance!

csideceo

Reaction score
Did you install the adb shell and drivers? This is essential to the root procedure. I eventually rooted mine there is an extra space in the tutorial on the last step where you change the chmod permissions.

sagarmody

Reaction score
I actually did not..
Whats that? And how I do that?

Can you please explain step by step in this forum here so I can try that, and then give it a shot?
This has been getting me all the time!! Soo difficult/confusing.

Thanks

icebear

Reaction score
hey there sagarmody i will leave this oneclick root for you =)

[ACS] Skyrocket Easy Root - Windows/Mac/Linuxs long as you flashed the kernel in knights guide ( the root-zimage) then use that link i just put here and download the skyrocket root and extract it into a new folder on your desktop and then open the folder and open the program that is called root and then follow what it says and then you will have root