Root breaks my texting???

Plus five

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not new to the whole root scene, but it seems as though rooting my X has me stumped. Every time I get superuser permissions and reboot my phone, my text messaging gets fubar. I can't see if I've sent or received a text, but i can send them and receive only though pop-up. Suggestions?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
What method did you use to root? And why are you rebooting every time you get a SU permission? Which leads to another question, why does it keep asking for SU permission?

Sorry your having issues but need a few details. Never heard of rooting a phone causing text issues.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

OP
P

Plus five

Reaction score
Sorry, should have specified. I reboot after I get superuser access/root. It happens whether I'm using the z4root or doroot.bat method.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you use a texting app like Handcent? Sorry, just trying to understand. I'm use to seeing issues with double texts, not issues with not being able to see a text sent or received.

Last edited:
OP
P

Plus five

Reaction score
It's universal. Hancent, stock, chomp....all get the same issue. I'm thinking to use rsd and bring it back to out of the box stock. Ill try a root again after that, but if it still persists, stock is fine for now

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's universal. Hancent, stock, chomp....all get the same issue. I'm thinking to use rsd and bring it back to out of the box stock. Ill try a root again after that, but if it still persists, stock is fine for now

You could try wiping cache first, doesn't take as long. But I've never seen this issue from a simple rooting of a phone. I'll check around. Keep me posted.

And I'm guessing since this has sat here all day and no one else answered, probably not too many people heard of it either.

Sorry.

OP
P

Plus five

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a unique way of breaking my electronics. I've done factory resets, un-root/re-root from my phone and still the same problem so idk. Any preferred rooting methods?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a unique way of breaking my electronics. I've done factory resets, un-root/re-root from my phone and still the same problem so idk. Any preferred rooting methods?

I used rootmyx2 1-click method. It took a few to get it to go through, Because once you hook it up to your computer, hit the root button, you have to toggle between all your settings to get it to go. I toggled through PC mode, USB mass storage, charge only and media about twice each. Finally it went. But I haven't had any issues with root since.

Here's a link>>>One Click Droid X Froyo ROOOOT GUI! - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - One Click Droid X Froyo ROOOOT GUI! - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

I would think there has to be a solution other than SBF. Most people don't need to flash that unless they are stuck in a loop or bricked. Wished I knew for ya what it was.

Last edited: