1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Root 2.2.3 without PC?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by kill00, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kill00

kill00 New Member

Well... I have a Droid 2.2.3. Whenever I connect it yo my windows 7, it shows up as "device has malfunctioned, device.. unknown" everytime. I have tried reinstalling drivers, etc but the Computer never recognizes it as a Motorola device.

Also, my phone doesnt charge when the phone is on and connected to the pc, but when the phone is connected to the PC and I turn the phone off, it charges (but then it wont turn on unless I disconnect it).

Also, whenever it is connected, it never shows the USB icon/ or anything in the notification bar.

So, I havent been able to root it yet. I have tried on 3 other computers (XP, 7, 7) and 3 other USB cables. Same results.

I want to root my Droid 2.2.3, I have tried z4root app, but it doesnt suppotr 2.2+

How can I root my Droid without a PC, can I use terminal, etc and do it on the phone itself?
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Closed.

Please do not post multiple threads for the same issue. Your other thread HERE will remain open.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
can i root my milestone 3 without a computer
how do i root my droid x2 without a computer

how to root droid x2 without computer

how to root motorola droid 3 without computer
how to root your droid x2 with out a computer
jailbreak droid x2 without a computer
root droid 3 without computer

root droid razr without computer

root droid x2 no computer