ROMs for this device

tortoracer

Reaction score
im new to this device, and new to rooting in general (sort of..), and i do not want to risk bricking this device at all, obviously.

with that being said, is there a dedicated place i can find ROMs compatible with this device? im tempted to rely on this, but cannot seem to figure out quite how it is organized.

OP
T

tortoracer

Reaction score
small bump, but i have done a little reading and come to learn that (separate sources say); the moto X's version of safestrap is the most compatable with this device, so use that.

and: xda forum said something along the lines of "can i get a DEV version of this phone [droid maxx]?" "no you have to get the moto x."

does that mean i can find ROMs for this device where i find ROMs for the moto x?

even that being said, where are those ROMs going to be found?

OP
T

tortoracer

Reaction score
im going to keep bumping this at random points while i find out more, since if nothing else, this can enlighten some people from reading this thread.

the phones droid ultra, and droid maxx are nearly the same, and the moto x is also mentioned with these two phones frequently. the moto x is said to be very similar (we can use that version safestrap with the maxx), and the ultra and maxx nearly share model numbers, ultra's being xt1080, and maxx's being xt1080m.

this being said, can we share ROM's with the moto x? can we share roms with the ultra/maxx?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
The only difference between the maxx and the ultra is battery size, so ruins can be shared between those, not sure on the Moto X, but I'm sure someone else will confirm or deny that

OP
T

tortoracer

Reaction score
i want to know about the moto x obviously...also are there any ROM's for the ultra yet?

OP
T

tortoracer

Reaction score
BY THE WAY I FOUND THIS THE HARD WAY.

if you disable the stock messaging app you not only cant get it back (tried looking for a little bit, then used a backup), but you cannot use any other texting app any longer.

any way to get gosms to show up on the screen that tells you if you have any notifications and the time when you take it out of your pocket? i disabled notifications from the stock messenger.

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
In your settings go to active notifications you have to turn on the notifications for your messaging app. I did it for handcent and they come up on the active notifications screen.

OP
T

tortoracer

Reaction score
worked! thank you...not sure why i didnt figure that out before...

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
I actually stumbled across it as I was setting up the phone. If I hadn't probably would be stuck as well not getting the notifications on the screen.