Rom ?

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
It's just a MOD. There aren't any ROMS until there is a recovery. But yes I ran this on my phone without error && it works. I love the circle battery w/ percentages than the stock battery..

OP
M

macdaddy123

Reaction score
It's just a MOD. There aren't any ROMS until there is a recovery. But yes I ran this on my phone without error && it works. I love the circle battery w/ percentages than the stock battery..

awesome i can't wait to try it and all you have to do is have download, extract and run the modkit? i don't want to miss any steps a mess something up, also the directions seemed to simple..

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Yeah pretty much bro!. This is what I did:

1) Download & extract to the D3modkit folder.
2) After you connect the phone (Charge only mode), Run his Modkit.bat file. It will do the whole script. It looks like he may have updated it so it works the first time now.
3) It should work after you install and run V2. Should it not work, I moved all the downloaded files to my android-sdk/platform-tools folder where the ADB Shell application is.
4) Open a separate windows command, ADB Shell into your phone, and type these commands

su
stop
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
busybox cp /sdcard/modkit/framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk
busybox cp /sdcard/modkit/SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk
chmod 644 /system/app/SystemUI.apk
busybox cp /sdcard/modkit/build.prop /system/build.prop
reboot

After it reboots, Voila! There you have it.

OP
M

macdaddy123

Reaction score
Thanx a lot, appriciate the respons and detail....can't wait to get on this :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd try it.. looks awesome, but I'm still not 100% with the whole ADB thing. Don't quite get it.

OP
M

macdaddy123

Reaction score
Yeah pretty much bro!. This is what I did:

1) Download & extract to the D3modkit folder.
2) After you connect the phone (Charge only mode), Run his Modkit.bat file. It will do the whole script. It looks like he may have updated it so it works the first time now.
3) It should work after you install and run V2. Should it not work, I moved all the downloaded files to my android-sdk/platform-tools folder where the ADB Shell application is.
4) Open a separate windows command, ADB Shell into your phone, and type these commands

su
stop
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
busybox cp /sdcard/modkit/framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk
busybox cp /sdcard/modkit/SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk
chmod 644 /system/app/SystemUI.apk
busybox cp /sdcard/modkit/build.prop /system/build.prop
reboot

After it reboots, Voila! There you have it.

also one more thing when you say install and run V2 is that just the modkit or is that something else i need to do after running the mod kit? Also sorry to asking so many questions i just don't want to build my next house with my phone thats all... Thank you again

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
also one more thing when you say install and run V2 is that just the modkit or is that something else i need to do after running the mod kit? Also sorry to asking so many questions i just don't want to build my next house with my phone thats all... Thank you again

Don't even trip! It's all good! but No that should just be the modkit you need to run. It will automatically ADB pull framework, systemUI, and build from your phone and ADB Push it automatically.

I'd try it.. looks awesome, but I'm still not 100% with the whole ADB thing. Don't quite get it.

One of the reasons I know ADB is because when i first tried it on the D1, there was a recovery. So when there was a mistake (which to me, is kinda hard to do unless you purposely remove the wrong file) you can resort back to the last backup. Trial & error. Honestly, this MOD is simple. You shouldn't make a mistake but if your comfortable waiting, that's cool too

OP
M

macdaddy123

Reaction score
this is the sweetest mod ever and it fixed data roaming indicator YESSS!!!! i love modders and devs!! thanks a lot one more time itstrentb, your awesome

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Thanks!! && No problem! I love this MOD too. Very nice. I'm just relaying the procedure but I'm able to explain it cuz I did it myself. Jewremy over @ Xda put it 2gether! BenLand, you down to try it bro??

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Working on it now! I'll try and post a SS after I (hopefully) get it to work today or tomorrow after school! This is too cool to just wait on, and I'm impatient lol. But I'll take my time while doing it, don't want to make a mistake.