[ROM] Unofficial Liquidsmooth 4.3 XT926 & XT925

Discussion in 'RAZR HD/MAXX HD Development and Hacking' started by jsnweitzel, Sep 1, 2013.

1. jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel Developer Developer

I am making unofficial builds of Liquidsmooth android 4.3. These build may not necessarily represent the final work of team liquid on android 4.3 and would not have been possible without team liquid doing all the heavy work to merge the 4.3 changes. This uses the same kernel as cm-10.2. I strongly suggest that you have a back-up and the stock file to flash, just in case. I am using TWRP but this should work with CWM too. Thanks to the razr-qcom team too.

Use 4.3 Gapps and do a data wipe before flashing.

Known issues:
    1. Bluetooth
    2. Halo notifications

First boot will take a little while (five minutes+).

If you loose root access
    1. Go to superuser >settings
    2. Change Superuser Access to "Apps and Adb"
    3. If that doesn't work then also check the "Declared Permission" box
    4. Still have trouble try reading this g+ post: http://tinyurl.com/mbdoz4c

Download roms and gapps(or goo.im) here: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Liquid sources: https://github.com/LiquidSmooth
    My github: https://github.com/jsnweitzel

Have fun and follow me on twitter to hear about updates.

I am running the cobalt theme.

Battery screenshot is with about three hours screen time and on the pc for a little bit flashing new a new rom. Plus I have a maxx too.

Doing any of this is at your own risk and only you are responsible for your device.

Attached Files:

2. CannondaleRob

CannondaleRob New Member

jsnweitzel,

Thanks for your excellent work here. I just tried the 4.3 build (Liquid-JB-v3.0-08302013-xt926.zip) from 8/30 and
    after getting the phone up and running, installing apps, etc, the first reboot thereafter would hang on the bootloader
    unlocked screen like a few others were mentioning on the 4.2.2 thread. Clearing cache, dalvik cache, formatting
    cache etc would not solve it. Only solution was to format everything /system, /data, /cache, and reinstall zip from
    external SD. I tried both latest CWM and TWRP 2.6 recovery. Going to try the 9/1 build now and see if its
    any different. Any thoughts or need any details? Full disclosure: I'm somewhat a n00b here to rooting and unlocking,
    and been using your ROMs for a few months.

Thanks,
    Rob
  3. CannondaleRob

CannondaleRob New Member

Also to add, I did also install gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip from your site. Again, first reboot after fresh install
    worked, it was just the second reboot after getting apps installed and phone up and running that would hang at
    bootloader unlocked screen. Restore from backup would not solve it either. Only fresh install again of the 8/30
    build would get the phone up and running. This reproduced three times.

Thanks,
    Robert
  4. jsnweitzel

Not sure what would cause that. You can try just a data wipe after flashing.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4
  5. CannondaleRob

CannondaleRob New Member

Tried the 9/1 build and got the same results with CWM 6.0.3.2. This happened with TWRP yesterday and the day before so I switched to CWM thinking that might of been the culprit. Right after installing from external-sd, I did Liquid-JB-v3.0-09012013-xt926.zip then gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip next, I selected wipe cache and data, said yes, and even went into wipe Dalvik cache under Advanced (think that was already gone though). I also selected fix permissions, rebooted, got the phone logged into Google, and immediately rebooted prior to play installing all my apps. I think I have formatted everything except /external-sd and /modem in this process. Its been hung at Bootloader Unlocked for about 5-10 minutes now. Should I go back through unlocking the boot loader, or try the 2.9 build?

Thanks,
    Robert
  6. jsnweitzel

I am still running twrp 2.5, didn't know a 2.6 for the hd was out.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4
  7. CannondaleRob

CannondaleRob New Member

8. CannondaleRob

CannondaleRob New Member

I did not experience the reboot hang with the Liquid-JB-v2.9-08142013-xt926.zip 2.9 ROM. Could this be due to an install from external SD card? My SD card is 32GB. What is interesting is CM 10.2 just had the same behavior, and I wonder if it is something specific to the
    gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip I'm using with both, which was not used with 2.9 as its 4.3 specific. Doing the next install from /sdcard.

Thanks,
    Robert
  9. CannondaleRob

CannondaleRob New Member

Tried a different SD card (16GB), TWRP 2.5, and installing from internal SD with no luck. Only solution for me was to go back to < 3.0.
    I saw some other forum members on the 4.2.2 thread have this same issue, so I don't know what is similar about our setup or phones.

Thanks,
    Robert
  10. jsnweitzel

New builds up last night and bluetooth comes on without crashing. I don't have a bluetooth device with me right now to fully test.
  11. Kaos2flo

Kaos2flo New Member

I would like to test the bluetooth out for you, but I want to see if anyone else hangs on the unlocked screen like the first build. That scared me too much to try it again. Anyone?
  12. college4sure

college4sure New Member

Bluetooth is working like a champ (a2dp on a creative soundbar and calls on a stock prius system.) Restarts without issues, and speedtesting 41mb dl 21 up in downtown San Diego (was getting ~15mb dl with slim) so 4g is solid.

Native tethering connects but drops 4g while hotspot connected to any devices. Can't seem to get wifi tether beta 3.3 or 3.4 betas to connect either (tried lotsa settings) any solutions there?

also... How do I change the lockscreen weather widget to Farenheit?

Thanks for the hard work - this one's the best 4.3 I've tried yet and on track to being completely bad ass(er).
    ~College
  13. college4sure

college4sure New Member

Lil update here - Ok so native does work (Noob moment there) as long as bluetooth is turned completely off (forgot to turn it off after testing the soundbar). If there was a way to use the tether app that would be great, but this is working for now.

~College
  14. Kaos2flo

Kaos2flo New Member

Nice. Glad you could test it College.
  15. cmh714

cmh714 New Member

the 9/8 and 9/10 versions have been working really great for me. Thanks Jason, keep up the good work.
  16. CannondaleRob

CannondaleRob New Member

Just an update that any 4.3 based ROM hangs on the bootloader for my xt926. CM 10.2 and Slim 4.3
    have the same behavior. I've tried flashing with three different recoveries and all methods of wiping data
    and formatting prior to the installation. I've installed off of internal SD and external, and tried a
    different SD card. Something is up with my phone and 4.3 ROMs and I don't know what it is. I'll
    take this out to another post in the forum as I don't think this is related to LiquidSmooth 4.3.
  17. Kaos2flo

Kaos2flo New Member

Wait the new uploads says they're version 2.10? Huh?
  18. jsnweitzel

There were some bugs in version 3.0 so the team rolled back to a stable point in the builds and merged in android 4.3, the official release is soon and will be designated 2.10. Last release was 2.9 and also I am on the liquid team now too. Checkout the G+ community for the latest info: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117452480298315341829
  19. cmh714

cmh714 New Member

Using 2.10 with the toolkit from 10/7 and before was using 3.0, the only real problem I am having seems to be with Google Now widget. It causes Nova to lock up and ask me if I want to remove widgets. Once I remove the GNow widget everything seems fine.

And it was like that on both and a few other versions I have tried. Otherwise, great rom. :)
Search tags for this page
android 4.3 razr maxx
liquid smooth 2.10 bionic

liquid smooth 4.3

liquid smooth xt925

liquidsmooth

liquidsmooth 4.3

liquidsmooth 4.3 galaxy s3
liquidsmooth 4.3 razr hd
liquidsmooth rom
liquidsmooth rom galaxy s3
liquidsmooth rom galaxy s4