[ROM] Unofficial Liquidsmooth 4.3 XT926 & XT925

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am making unofficial builds of Liquidsmooth android 4.3. These build may not necessarily represent the final work of team liquid on android 4.3 and would not have been possible without team liquid doing all the heavy work to merge the 4.3 changes. This uses the same kernel as cm-10.2. I strongly suggest that you have a back-up and the stock file to flash, just in case. I am using TWRP but this should work with CWM too. Thanks to the razr-qcom team too.

Use 4.3 Gapps and do a data wipe before flashing.

Known issues:
1. Bluetooth
2. Halo notifications

First boot will take a little while (five minutes+).

If you loose root access
1. Go to superuser >settings
2. Change Superuser Access to "Apps and Adb"
3. If that doesn't work then also check the "Declared Permission" box
4. Still have trouble try reading this g+ post: http://tinyurl.com/mbdoz4c

Download roms and gapps(or goo.im) here: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Liquid sources: https://github.com/LiquidSmooth
My github: https://github.com/jsnweitzel

Have fun and follow me on twitter to hear about updates.

I am running the cobalt theme.

Battery screenshot is with about three hours screen time and on the pc for a little bit flashing new a new rom. Plus I have a maxx too.

Doing any of this is at your own risk and only you are responsible for your device.

Attachments

• 2013-08-30 15.58.22.png
    2013-08-30 15.58.22.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,241
  • 2013-09-01 21.16.25.png
    2013-09-01 21.16.25.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 974
  • 2013-08-31 11.51.53.png
    2013-08-31 11.51.53.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 1,188

CannondaleRob

Reaction score
jsnweitzel,

Thanks for your excellent work here. I just tried the 4.3 build (Liquid-JB-v3.0-08302013-xt926.zip) from 8/30 and
after getting the phone up and running, installing apps, etc, the first reboot thereafter would hang on the bootloader
unlocked screen like a few others were mentioning on the 4.2.2 thread. Clearing cache, dalvik cache, formatting
cache etc would not solve it. Only solution was to format everything /system, /data, /cache, and reinstall zip from
external SD. I tried both latest CWM and TWRP 2.6 recovery. Going to try the 9/1 build now and see if its
any different. Any thoughts or need any details? Full disclosure: I'm somewhat a n00b here to rooting and unlocking,
and been using your ROMs for a few months.

Thanks,
Rob

CannondaleRob

Reaction score
Also to add, I did also install gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip from your site. Again, first reboot after fresh install
worked, it was just the second reboot after getting apps installed and phone up and running that would hang at
bootloader unlocked screen. Restore from backup would not solve it either. Only fresh install again of the 8/30
build would get the phone up and running. This reproduced three times.

Thanks,
Robert

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what would cause that. You can try just a data wipe after flashing.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

CannondaleRob

Reaction score
Tried the 9/1 build and got the same results with CWM 6.0.3.2. This happened with TWRP yesterday and the day before so I switched to CWM thinking that might of been the culprit. Right after installing from external-sd, I did Liquid-JB-v3.0-09012013-xt926.zip then gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip next, I selected wipe cache and data, said yes, and even went into wipe Dalvik cache under Advanced (think that was already gone though). I also selected fix permissions, rebooted, got the phone logged into Google, and immediately rebooted prior to play installing all my apps. I think I have formatted everything except /external-sd and /modem in this process. Its been hung at Bootloader Unlocked for about 5-10 minutes now. Should I go back through unlocking the boot loader, or try the 2.9 build?

Thanks,
Robert

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am still running twrp 2.5, didn't know a 2.6 for the hd was out.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

CannondaleRob

Reaction score

CannondaleRob

Reaction score
I did not experience the reboot hang with the Liquid-JB-v2.9-08142013-xt926.zip 2.9 ROM. Could this be due to an install from external SD card? My SD card is 32GB. What is interesting is CM 10.2 just had the same behavior, and I wonder if it is something specific to the
gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip I'm using with both, which was not used with 2.9 as its 4.3 specific. Doing the next install from /sdcard.

Thanks,
Robert

CannondaleRob

Reaction score
Tried a different SD card (16GB), TWRP 2.5, and installing from internal SD with no luck. Only solution for me was to go back to < 3.0.
I saw some other forum members on the 4.2.2 thread have this same issue, so I don't know what is similar about our setup or phones.

Thanks,
Robert

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
New builds up last night and bluetooth comes on without crashing. I don't have a bluetooth device with me right now to fully test.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
I would like to test the bluetooth out for you, but I want to see if anyone else hangs on the unlocked screen like the first build. That scared me too much to try it again. Anyone?

college4sure

Reaction score
Bluetooth is working like a champ (a2dp on a creative soundbar and calls on a stock prius system.) Restarts without issues, and speedtesting 41mb dl 21 up in downtown San Diego (was getting ~15mb dl with slim) so 4g is solid.

Native tethering connects but drops 4g while hotspot connected to any devices. Can't seem to get wifi tether beta 3.3 or 3.4 betas to connect either (tried lotsa settings) any solutions there?

also... How do I change the lockscreen weather widget to Farenheit?

Thanks for the hard work - this one's the best 4.3 I've tried yet and on track to being completely bad ass(er).
~College

college4sure

Reaction score
Bluetooth is working like a champ (a2dp on a creative soundbar and calls on a stock prius system.) Restarts without issues, and speedtesting 41mb dl 21 up in downtown San Diego (was getting ~15mb dl with slim) so 4g is solid.

Native tethering connects but drops 4g while hotspot connected to any devices. Can't seem to get wifi tether beta 3.3 or 3.4 betas to connect either (tried lotsa settings) any solutions there?

also... How do I change the lockscreen weather widget to Farenheit?

Thanks for the hard work - this one's the best 4.3 I've tried yet and on track to being completely bad ass(er).
~College

Lil update here - Ok so native does work (Noob moment there) as long as bluetooth is turned completely off (forgot to turn it off after testing the soundbar). If there was a way to use the tether app that would be great, but this is working for now.

~College

cmh714

Reaction score
the 9/8 and 9/10 versions have been working really great for me. Thanks Jason, keep up the good work.