Rom question?

gunftr

Reaction score
I'm about ready to flash a new rom for the first time. My question is, is there a way to preview them before you install them? I've only seen a preview of a couple of them, the rest were just names.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xliderider

Reaction score
Have you made a full backup of your rooted stock rom? If you have, then you can easily go from rom to rom.

What rom are you going to load first? A lot of roms don't have screen shots because they don't look any different than stock, especially an AOSP rom.

OP
G

gunftr

Reaction score
I haven't decided which 1 I'm gonna do first, kind of why I want to preview them beforehand. if there is 1 that's easier that would probably be the 1 I do first

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ROMs all install the same way. There's no pics of base ROMs cuz there's so many themes for each specific rom. Most AOSP ROMs come with a vanilla theme or gingerbread theme. Dark slide is a black themed ROM. Just make a backup prior and try em out.

OP
G

gunftr

Reaction score
Okay that's fine so where do you find one's that you mentioned?

OP
G

gunftr

Reaction score
Okay I must be doing something wrong I I looked there and all I saw were post unless I was looking in the wrong place

OP
G

gunftr

Reaction score
Thanks, I was lookin in the wrong place. Now that I have a few all I need is enough nerve to take that last step.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just be sure to make a backup first and then follow the install instructions

turdbogls

Reaction score
just for good measure......make a backup before you do anything else :) you can never be reminded to many times.

download droid x bootstrapper
bootstrap recover
OK
reboot recovery
phone will boot into clockwork mod
backup/restore
backup
let it work its magic.

once this is done, it is nearly impossible to mess up your phone. you can always get into clockwork and restore you phone to it current state. the developers here have made ROMing and Themeing so easy that i dont even worry about it at all any more.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Just to save time, install Liberty 1.5. No need to try other ROMs. Well you can, but you will always come back to Liberty.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Just to save time, install Liberty 1.5. No need to try other ROMs. Well you can, but you will always come back to Liberty.

+1 for Liberty 1.5. If you want to see a review of the Liberty Rom I have one [video=youtube;LZSxSXc-Q5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSxSXc-Q5M"]here[/video].