rom manager

mattym320

Reaction score
So I'm having an issue when I go to flash ROM manager it keeps telling me its not getting correct privileges or something like that... does it have anything to do with me running jelly bean? Seems to have started after that. Or is anyone heard of this issue?? Thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Do you mean you are trying to flash recovery using ROM Manager? It may be root privileges you need, I am assuming you are rooted? The actual error message or what it says will be helpful in determining what is going on.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Definitely going to need more info. What was the exact error message? Are you rooted?

OP
mattym320

mattym320

Reaction score
yes... I am rooted... the message says : An error occurred white attempting to run privileged commands!.... I am running Jelly Bean.

OP
mattym320

mattym320

Reaction score
Do I have to re-root my phone after installing Jelly Bean? Apparently I am no longer rooted.... Im obviously a beginner but how could I get the update from rooting and then no longer be rooted. Sorry and thanks!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Try what dezymond suggested and update the SU binaries. Just look for superuser in your app drawer and when you open you should get prompted to update.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

OP
mattym320

mattym320

Reaction score
thanks guys... well it appears I have lost root on my phone flashing Jelly bean. I tried to update su binaries and it failed to gain root access. Downloaded a root checker and says im no longer rooted.... so do/should I re-root my phone. Is this normal?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
There are a few things I would consider doing at this point, if I were in your shoes (in no particular order):

- Do a filthy flash of your ROM (and gapps if necessary). By that I mean no wiping, just reflash the ROM. You can wipe cache/dalvik if you want though.

- Or flash a different ROM (this may require wiping).

- Or just re-root.