Trying to flash to beta ROM released yesterday

sharpz

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I'm trying to flash my device to the beta build that was found yesterday. Droid-Life did an article on it here: Flashable Jelly Bean JRO03O Zip Now Available for Galaxy Nexus LTE – Droid Life

For some reason, everytime i boot into recovery, and go to install it, I get an error every time. I don't get it because it says you can flash from any current build. Pretty much it says "Failed" every time. I have tried installing it from the root tool kit and it does not go through as well.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this? If anyone can give me a hand i'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If you followed all the directions, the only thing I can think of is a bad download. That's judging by the comments on DL about the download speeds. I'd try to redownload it or maybe find a mirror

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I'm trying to flash my device to the beta build that was found yesterday. Droid-Life did an article on it here: Flashable Jelly Bean JRO03O Zip Now Available for Galaxy Nexus LTE – Droid Life

For some reason, everytime i boot into recovery, and go to install it, I get an error every time. I don't get it because it says you can flash from any current build. Pretty much it says "Failed" every time. I have tried installing it from the root tool kit and it does not go through as well.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this? If anyone can give me a hand i'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Most likely a corrupt download. Delete the old file on your phone, then re-download the ROM file and try flashing again.

You could also try a different ROM. This is another version of the JRO03O test build leak. Nothing changed, just rooted and deodexed.

I'm sure you know the process, but as always, verify your MD5, make your nandroid, wipe system and factory reset and then finally install the ROM.

wil318466

Reaction score
Whatever you do, make a backup. Repeat : do not proceed without a successful backup. If anything goes wrong, you can get back to where you were/are. If not, well, you could be in bad shape.