ROM Manager

mouthrulez

Reaction score
i have a problem with ROM manager. i just switched from a droid 2 to a droid X today. and on my droid 2 i had ROM Manager premium. so i transfered it over to my Droid X. but it still only shows all the ROMs from my droid 2. how do i fix this so i can see the ROMs and nightlies for droid X?
-Thanks in advance!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to flash recovery and flash the one for the DX

random rom'd X

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey has anyone been able to "successfully" restore a Rom Manager backup to your Bionic? The app used to be great in my opinion back when I used to use it on my Droid 1. But I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER gotten it to restore any backups that it made on either my Droid-X or my Droid Bionic without major errors, usually crashing and causing me to have to do a factory data reset and restore things on my own, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of using RM in the first place.

Since I have emailed the developer many times and he won't respond, I can only assume that this app just doesn't work with my newer devices. So is that correct, or have any of you been able to backup AND restore everything with no problems on your Bionics? I'm at the point where I'm considering deleting this app since it doesn't work for me, even though I actually paid for it when using it on my D1.

Please let me know of your experiences with RM on your Droid Bionics and if it works for you or not.

Thanks.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the bionic you must use boot/safe strap I believe. Rom manager has never worked well with locked moto devices that came out after the og Droid.

Batman8

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Droid-Xer. I have always used "Bionic Bootstrap" with RM, but never heard that it had issues with locked Moto phones since the D1. I guess that would explain a lot of the problems that I've been experiencing for months, and now save me some time from bothering with constantly trying to make it work. Oh well, I guess I'll just stick with using Titanium Backup which works great, although I really wanted to just capture the whole rom and restore it at once. I do appreciate the info though.

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues restoring back-ups with rom manager on my X or bionic. With the bionic the back-up needs to be on your internal sdcard because rom manager won't read the sdcard-ext.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good tip Timmy. ROM Manager never worked well for me and was hit or miss for many users.

Batman8

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues restoring back-ups with rom manager on my X or bionic. With the bionic the back-up needs to be on your internal sdcard because rom manager won't read the sdcard-ext.

Timmy -

Are you absolutely sure about that? I have been storing my backups on the external card because the app lets me and allows me to read/write to it, so I find that strange. I remember one of the updates to RM mentioning that it now worked with external sdcards, but who knows if it was ever done correctly I guess. Also, since I had the same problem with my DX and all it has is one sdcard area and it STILL never worked, again makes that explanation strange.

Maybe one day I'll give it another try, but as you all know, making those backups AND restoring them is very time consuming. It is even more time consuming when the restoring process crashes and having to then start from a FDR takes even MORE TIME!! It would have helped a lot if Koush (the developer of RM) would have replied to some of my cries for HELP, but he does NOT respond/help at all!! However, thanks a lot for your reply and for sharing your info though, maybe you're right.

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
Maybe i should update more, it does read the.sdcard-ext. I just did a back-up and a restore thru rom manager and both went fine. I hope you figure out the issue.

altjx

Reaction score
Just curious as I'm still getting my feel around here. Just rooted with Matt's Utility, but when I go to the ROM manager and click "Download new ROMs" it tells me to do the flash clockwork recovery first... when i click on flash clockwork recovery, it then tells me to pick my device (motorola razr -- although i'm using razr maxx, is this ok?). when i press motorola razr, it then comes up and tells me "Motorola RAZR does not have an officially supported ClockworkMod Recovery yet. Have you installed a ClockworkMod based recovery manually?"