[ROM] CyanogenMod 11 Ported To The Droid X

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Droid X is the device that got me and many of you started on Android roms and mods. Before the Droid X I had a Windows Phone 6 touch screen phone that I modified to run Android via a dual boot solution, but the Droid X was my first genuine Android device. This device brings back many good memories for me. If you are still carrying this device you would probably love to upgrade to the latest firmware 4.4.2 kit kat. You can now run kit kat on this device thanks to a Cyanogen Mod 11 port by developer "m.ksy". There are a few known bugs including some random hot boots for some useres, and video only records in 480p. Other than that everything else should be working just fine. This of course includes all of the Cyanogen Mod features that you know and love. Grab this rom from the link below.

via Rootzwiki

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The x never ceases to amaze me.

Sent from my Eclipsed Moto X DE

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I really wish I still had my old X. My kids broke it some timer after I replaced it with an S3. It was my first Android phone after I dropped the iPhone and it was fabulous. Love seeing it is still getting some love so many years later.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Long live the X! I had the Droid 1 and after playing with the X in a Verizon store and thinking it was so much bigger and faster, the D1 went on ebay. Soooo loved my DX running Liberty!

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I am glad I saved my last DX, but at least I have plenty of new batteries, covers and even screens. I cart my DX into WiFi locations I refuse to subject my carry phone to, as nothing on the DX is saved to it, or the SD card.
I used the DX to quickly connect, peruse and leave. But for the diehards such as myself, here's my 'survivor'.

I have not upgraded past the last unexpected VZW carrier update, but I have RF tools loaded on this one, and a few added goodies. A great tool to scan cell sites and WiFi networks also, and NOT have to worry about being interrupted by spam.
View attachment 70212

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Please delete this post.

Last edited:
OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am glad I saved my last DX, but at least I have plenty of new batteries, covers and even screens. I cart my DX into WiFi locations I refuse to subject my carry phone to, as nothing on the DX is saved to it, or the SD card.
I used the DX to quickly connect, peruse and leave. But for the diehards such as myself, here's my 'survivor'.

I have not upgraded past the last unexpected VZW carrier update, but I have RF tools loaded on this one, and a few added goodies. A great tool to scan cell sites and WiFi networks also, and NOT have to worry about being interrupted by spam.
View attachment 70212

Nice to see you are still making good use of your Droid X. Mine ended up on Craigslist about 6 months after i purchased the Droid Bionic (another one of my top 5 devices ive ever owned). Some kid bought it from me for $50, it had the issue where the screen was beginning to bubble where the stock battery had expanded.