[rom][cdma] koa rom (cm9) (7/22/2012)

ghicks12

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
KOA ROM​
KOA (KOH-AH) IS THE HAWAIIAN WORD FOR "SOLDIER"​

Built from CM9 Source Thanks to DHacker, Hashcode, DroidTh3ory, Google, Android, Cyanogen, AOSP
for making all of this possible!

IF YOU INSTALL THIS ROM WITH BOOTSTRAP, DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT STUFF NOT WORKING. SAFESTRAP2.0 IS A REQUIREMENT FOR A REASON.

Personal Thanks:
I would personally like to thank the following people in no particular order:

andlaw: for being an awesome dev and making me want to get back in the game
Van: for bringing smiles to my face when I was stressed out, even after all he's been through.
Matt: for his knowledge and insight, and for being a moving force here at droidrzr.com
Alex, Russ, Gerland, Aaron and DemoManMLS: for being my testers and not being mad about having to wipe data every time lol. Thanks Guys! Would also like to thank all the other developers here. Arcanexvi, DDX, Nitro, EmericanX and anyone else. If I forgot to add your name, it's not personal. There are just so many great devs here and it's hard to remember all your names lol.

If you would like to donate to me, please send me a PM with your email address and how much you would like to donate. It's NOT needed but greatly appreciated. At least click the like button please? By donating, you get the following perks:

1. Download links PM'd to you before they're posted
2. A chance to test any ROMs or Themes that need testing
3. Your name added to every OP as a "contributor."

Contributors:
Gerland
bstrong
john420m1977
Silverlink34
churchmouth
Brailagise
ktraub
bipmip
noahsark3

Myself, droidforums.com, DHacker, Hashcode, nor anyone else, is responsible for what YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE! You take on ALL RESPONSIBILITY by flashing this ROM and the gapps package.

So what exactly is KOA ROM?
KOA ROM is a custom ICS ROM built by me from dhackers CM9 source which can be found here:
https://github.com/dhacker29

KOA ROM is a ROM that will stand out. It has features, speed tweaks and battery tweaks that no other ICS ROM has right now for the RAZR.

Some of those features include:
CM9 Calendar on Lockscreen
CM9 Lockscreen Weather
Data on boot
Full Beats Audio - (Flashable Zip)
Chrome Browser
Google Music for default Music Player
*Apollo Music App
*CM Wallpapers
CPU Sleeper App
Apex (free) as default home launcher
Full init.d support
3G speed tweaks
Disabled kernel logging for speed.
CM9 Theme Chooser

Requirements before flashing:
Safestrap 2.0 for ICS Leak: http://rombot.droidh...ap-ICS-2.00.apk
Be on a leak (.75 .79 .84 .85 .203 .204 .206 .208 .209 .210 .211 .214 .215)
Have a working nand backup!!!!!

Known Issues:
Cropped resolution for screenshots and tasker, also when rotating screen.
3G on boot doesn't work for everyone (worked for 4 testers and myself)
Some games will have issues, if you find one that does, please post here.
Also check the TIPS AND BUG LIST. Post #3

What works?
Everything except Webtop and HDMI Out

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST 80% BATTERY BEFORE DOING ANY OF THIS!

Setting up safestrap: (only if you're just now installing safestrap, if you already have it installed jump to the "install instructions" section)
Download KOA ROM
Download gapps package
Place ROM and gapps package on external or internal sdcard
Install the Safestrap apk
Open the apk and install the recovery
Reboot, then press the Menu button on your phone to boot into the recovery
Now in recovery, select "safe boot menu"
Now select "Toggle Safe System"
Now select "Yes-Enable Safe System"
Wait for it to do its thing.
Back out to the main menu of the recovery
Select "mounts and storage"
Select "format /system"
Wait
Select "wipe data/factory reset"
Select "wipe cache partition"
Select "advanced"
Select "wipe dalvik cache"

Install Instructions:
Download ROM and gapps from links provided below.
Place ROM and gapps on your external or internal sdcard (remember where you put them)
Reboot into recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Wipe dalvik cache
Flash ROM
Flash gapps
Reboot
PROFIT!
Upon reboot, wait for about 30-45 seconds, 3G (4G if you're in a 4G area) SHOULD start on boot.
Proceed with device setup.

NOW GET TO FLASHING!!!!

Download KOA ROM_7/22/2012:
KOA ROM 7-22-2012.zip

Download GAPPS:
Goo.im Downloads - Browsing ...0429-signed.zip

Download Beats Audio (flashable zip):
Dev-Host - BEATS Audio.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

OP
ghicks12

ghicks12

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Screenshots will NOT match, but here are some icons:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54918541/blue_icons.zip

e5jihc.png
2rzf29l.png

rbd2r8.png
10enevl.png

685sna.png
2vxitzm.png

Attachments

• e5jihc.png
    e5jihc.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 315
  • 2rzf29l.png
    2rzf29l.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 316
  • rbd2r8.png
    rbd2r8.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 10enevl.png
    10enevl.png
    13 KB · Views: 318
  • 685sna.png
    685sna.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 293
OP
ghicks12

ghicks12

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
//TIPS AND BUG LIST\\

TIPS:
NEW WIFI FIX!!! Thanks to Enthash for finding this out!

Using a root file explorer, navigate to /data/misc/dhcp and delete ALL the contents in there. Should fix the wifi right up!

==================================================================================

To fix wifi connection issues:

System Settings > Wifi (word not the button)

While trying to connect to a network, press and hold on the name of the connection and click on "Modify Network'

Check the box that says "Show advanced options"

For "IP Settings" change from DHCP to Static

Check the IP address there and make sure it is 8 digits and not 7.

Should be xxx.xxx.x.x NOT xx.xxx.x.x

===================================================================================
WIFI TETHER SETTINGS!!!

If you have not been able to get wifi tether to work with the built-in app. Change these settings, and ONLY THESE SETTINGS!

Device Profile - Generic ICS
Setup Method - Auto
Channel - 11
Change LAN - 192.168.2.0/24
WiFi-driver reload - Checked
Routing Fix - Checked

Back out of settings and start wifi tether.
=====================================================================================
If you get the text messages from Verizon (6250 or whatever). This is how you get rid of that. Login to your Verizon Wireless account. Towards the top, mouse over where it says "My Verizon" and look under "My Plans and Services" and click on "Change Features." Select your phone or the phone that is getting the messages. Now when the next page comes up, look for "Cloud Storage and Sync" and remove the Email Sync option. It's free and will not change your billing. There you go, no more texts.
=====================================================================================
If for some reason you have to toggle data. Toggle to "GSM Only" wait for the 3G or 4G symbol to come on, then toggle to "LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)"
For Wifi Tethering to work: Open the app, press the menu button on the phone and go to "Settings." From there, go to "Change Device-Profile" and set it to "Generic ICS."

Bugs:
Most leaks will report the wrong battery level. It's a known issue and is NOT caused by this ROM. It is an issue with the leak.
Please try to avoid powering off AND powering on, while device is plugged in. This causes device instability and may damage your device.
Bluetooth voice for calls, stereo sound, and contact transfer worked when connected to my car's SYNC system (Ford's Microsoft stereo system). Conversation over the phone through the car's speakers and microphone worked as intended.
On disconnect of the Bluetooth device, but while Bluetooth is still on, the speakers will not function. It seems that it doesn't know to transfer control back to the phone's speakers when a device is disconnected. It does, however, figure it out again if you turn off Bluetooth again.
Another thing of note is that MMS didn't appear to pair with my car's SYNC system. It was a feature that didn't work in testing.

markculton

Reaction score
Going to check this out! Is this ROM still supported? I love CyanogenMod and I just can't find very many good ROMS.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2