Issues with safestrap +leak

leftspin

Reaction score
Today I decided to take the plunge and try installing an ICS leak, so I followed all the instructions and was able to flash the 6.14.75 version and it worked fine. I was able to restore root using voodoo as well. I want to install the KOA CM9 ROM, but after installing safestrap every time I try to open the app it just says "unfortunately, safestrap has stopped." No matter what I do I can't get the app to actually open. I've tried uninstalling it, re downloading it, clearing its data and wiping data/cache in stock recovery. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

aktrazer

Reaction score
Well. You're on a leaked pre release ROM. Hate to say it but thats kind of part of the deal. I have a few apps that simply dont work on ICS (im on. 75 too).

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
aktrazer said:
Well. You're on a leaked pre release ROM. Hate to say it but thats kind of part of the deal. I have a few apps that simply dont work on ICS (im on. 75 too).

I realize that, but safestrap is something that's actually supposed to work on the leaks. That's why there are ROMs to flash with it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Something is wrong with your root. I just had the same issue. You need to reroot using the Droid Razr Utility. You can check Voodoo and see if all the boxes are checked. If they're not, you need to reroot.

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
brad92 said:
Something is wrong with your root. I just had the same issue. You need to reroot using the Droid Razr Utility. You can check Voodoo and see if all the boxes are checked. If they're not, you need to reroot.

That was it, thanks Brad!