Robot Vacuums?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have the first generation Roomba. It was entertaining to watch it clean, but it's not a vacuum, I consider it more of a sweeper.
I did use it for a bit since I have a dog that sheds like crazy, but after like 5 weeks use of picking up dog hair, I spent more time cleaning the Roomba and then going back over the same areas in the corners to pick up the leftover dirt.

Now technology for robotic vacuums has come a long way, but I don't think the cleaning power really justifies the price of one. I could be wrong though.

Personally if I'm going to drop the kind of money on a vacuum that was provided with your link, I rather get a Dyson cordless stick vacuum. Have one of those and it's been an amazing vacuum.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was looking at that Neato unit because there is a $150.00 coupon code right now. Seems like a good deal but it's still a lot.

JCPenney has the Neato Robotics 945-0179 Botvac D80 Bagless Robotic Vacuum for a low$349.99 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "DECFRND"

Now that I have two little ones running around the house making making messes everywhere.. I'm really starting to think something automated following right behind them would be awesome :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was looking at that Neato unit because there is a $150.00 coupon code right now. Seems like a good deal but it's still a lot.

Now that I have two little ones running around the house making making messes everywhere.. I'm really starting to think something automated following right behind them would be awesome :)
If you have hardwood then it makes for a great sweeper. Carpet, at least mine, doesn't do a very good job at all.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No personal experience, but they're definitely designed to be an in-between actual cleanings kind of thing. I wouldn't expect one to keep the floors clean enough that they wouldn't need a good cleaning before fancy company comes over, but I'd expect it to keep up enough that I'm not having to clean the floors daily or maybe weekly.

That said, we've got nothing but carpet, 2 cats, and a dog. I don't think I'll be investing in one any time soon. We'd fill it's dirt chamber before it needed charged up again, I'm sure.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have 2 Neato botvacs and love them both!

I have the BotVac D that you have referenced the link in your OP and it performs very well - no concerns at all. We have small pets in the house and it picks up hair / fur exceptionally well even along walls and edges. I also have the XV21 which is one of the first models they released and it is still chugging right along :).

I wish the BotVac Connected series would have been out when I received my 2nd botvac, but it was not but I am sure it will perform as well as the others Neato makes as both of mine perform quite well. The connected series is what allows you control via phone - both Android and Apple I believe.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
And the Neato series works well on both hardwood (which is the majority of my house) and also cleans what carpet we do have (which consists of varying styles in area rugs)...