ringer volume??

Ihaveadroid95

Reaction score
OK so the sound is on loud and its set to be the same for notificactions and calls but when I put it on vibrate it does not vibrate when I get a text only when I get a call....???

joeymoose

Reaction score
OK so the sound is on loud and its set to be the same for notificactions and calls but when I put it on vibrate it does not vibrate when I get a text only when I get a call....???

Go to the messaging app, hit menu, settings, scroll down and check vibrate...

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I have missed a few calls lately. Could not figure it out till it started vibrating on my desk the other night. The volume for the ringer turns itself down all the way!!! It has done this at least twice now. Had to go into settings ant turn it up

Anyone else seeing this??

Chris

didiwags

Reaction score
I am guessing that it gets hit or something cause mine also goes down!!! I do not normally use vibrate but never turned it off and hearing the vibration has helped me not.miss calls.

Sent from my Rezound

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have missed a few calls lately. Could not figure it out till it started vibrating on my desk the other night. The volume for the ringer turns itself down all the way!!! It has done this at least twice now. Had to go into settings ant turn it up

Chris

Sure you don't have a Galaxy Nexus? I haven't seen this happen at all. Are you keeping the phone in your pocket where the volume button could be hit?? If it keeps happening, take it back to VZW and get a new one.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Yeah, I actually found the volume on mine to be really good.

droid_mike

Reaction score

Chris

That happened to me all the time 'cos I'd accidentally hit the volume rocker switch when putting the phone in the holster and such. This app solved the problem:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hourdb.volumelocker&feature=search_result

It works very well, and it's free! It makes you confirm within 25 seconds any volume change and will reset to the previous volume if you don't. Great app!

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I am not bumping it, but maybe. Guess I will have to be more careful and see if that is it. BTW, it is in a Otterbox defender

Chris

droid_mike

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I am not bumping it, but maybe. Guess I will have to be more careful and see if that is it. BTW, it is in a Otterbox defender

Chris

I didn't think I was bumping it, either, but the volume lock program confirmed it. It turns out, I was bumping the volume button inadvertently all the time!! Give it a try!

didiwags

Reaction score
That happened to me all the time 'cos I'd accidentally hit the volume rocker switch when putting the phone in the holster and such. This app solved the problem:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hourdb.volumelocker&feature=search_result

It works very well, and it's free! It makes you confirm within 25 seconds any volume change and will reset to the previous volume if you don't. Great app!

Thanks, I will have to try this also!! I do not recall hitting mine either but I think it is just that sensitive! :)

drtnsnw

Reaction score
So I am bringing up my old thread again because I have found the culprit. When the phone is set to quiet ringer on pickup it is not bringing the volume back up to where I have it set. I noticed that volume locker will ask for permission to change the volume in the middle of a call and if I agree it is almost set to silent. If I ignore it the ringer goes back to normal. I will try and send this info to HTC for all the good it will do but it might make me feel better

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Mine does this strange thing where it starts ringing loud, then it gets quieter. However it only seems to do it when I actually pick up the phone. Its almost like the light sensor or camera knows someone grabbed the phone, so it doesn't need to ring as loud. If this is how it actually works, awesome feature... If not, this thing is messed up!!! LOL.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Mine does this strange thing where it starts ringing loud, then it gets quieter. However it only seems to do it when I actually pick up the phone. Its almost like the light sensor or camera knows someone grabbed the phone, so it doesn't need to ring as loud. If this is how it actually works, awesome feature... If not, this thing is messed up!!! LOL.

That is a function called quiet on pickup and can be turned off or on in the volume settings. It should return the volume back to where it was after the call but mine doesn't

Chris

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Just looked into settings. Amazing feature and I'm glad its there. I also noticed the louder it was when in my back pocket... Saw that setting as well.. great thinking from HTC or Google or whomever did this.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
yeah perfect for those embarrassing ringtones. Pick up the phone and it gets quiet.

Chris