Ringer Volume Control

krog1

Reaction score
After completing the latest update to my phone I noticed one isse. I can no longer control the volume from on, to vibrate, to silent without going through the settings menu. Is there a fix for this, or am I goint to constantly have to do this. Any assistance would be appreciated.

OP
K

krog1

Reaction score
I will try it. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Earthpig707

Reaction score
Help! The ringer on my X won't work, regardless of settings. Volume is appropriate on mail, apps, everything else. No mute symbol and the bar is all the way to the right on ringer volume. All it does is vibrate, but it's not set on that. Didn't resolve with turning phone off, nor with a soft reset.

Ideas?

OP
K

krog1

Reaction score
I had to go through the settings at first, changing the vibrate mode from only in silent mode, to only when not in silent mode. I searched "volume control" in the store. Plain and simple app called volume control came up. I installed that and placed a widget on my home page. Now it is simple to change it from vibrate to silent. I don't know why they took the option off from the volum control on the side of the phone. Good luck.

erict

Reaction score
I had to go through the settings at first, changing the vibrate mode from only in silent mode, to only when not in silent mode. I searched "volume control" in the store. Plain and simple app called volume control came up. I installed that and placed a widget on my home page. Now it is simple to change it from vibrate to silent. I don't know why they took the option off from the volum control on the side of the phone. Good luck.

Are you talking about the buttons on the side of the phone? If so, I never noticed anything popping up other then raising or lowering the volume.

OP
K

krog1

Reaction score
When I first got my phone, the volume control on the the side of the phone allowed it to go from sound to vibrate to silent by holding it in the proper direction. After I downloaded an update, this was no longer an option.

erict

Reaction score
When I first got my phone, the volume control on the the side of the phone allowed it to go from sound to vibrate to silent by holding it in the proper direction. After I downloaded an update, this was no longer an option.

I never knew that and will have to see if mine does that.

LynnC

Reaction score
Just to throw this out there....I'm new here and noticed this thread..My ringer is now being controlled either by the side button or the home and back hot keys. Anyone else having this issue? I'd rather NOT be controlling my volume with those hot keys???

qxavierus

Reaction score
Workaround

You won't have to use the ringer volume controls if you use the "Smart Ring Control" app:
Smart Ring Control
It does it automatically for you....

Last edited:

ChowLee

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My home and back keys control Ringer volume.

The local store says it's a warranty issue. I don't think so. I think it's a software glitch or a setting. Anyone else care to comment?