Revert from Custom ROM

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am ready to ROM my Bionic, however before I begin, I'd like to know the process for restoring the device back to the stock motoblur. Ya know, just in case I ever have to send the device back for servicing etc. If someone could post the easiest way to go about this process, that would be very appreciated.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There's a lot of info about returning to the OTA path...just do that but just DON'T FOREVER ROOT

OP
S
Reaction score
There's a lot of info about returning to the OTA path...just do that but just DON'T FOREVER ROOT

so that will also remove any custom ROM (probably eclipse) that I have installed?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so that will also remove any custom ROM (probably eclipse) that I have installed?

Yes, it would take you back to stock 5.5.886, then you can accept the 5.5.893 OTA...all will be completely stock......

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, it would take you back to stock 5.5.886, then you can accept the 5.5.893 OTA...all will be completely stock......

Thanks for the quick response! Big help! I dunno if its possible, but have you (or anyone) found a way to keep the motoblur text messaging application on eclipse? I really love eclipse ROM, but I miss the stock blur messaging app.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! Big help! I dunno if its possible, but have you (or anyone) found a way to keep the motoblur text messaging application on eclipse? I really love eclipse ROM, but I miss the stock blur messaging app.

lol... I've made the stock Eclipse MMs apk look similiar to the BlurMessaging app, but since most Blur is stripped out I hadn't been successful in working in just the BlurMessaing app itself...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-themes/194074-themed-mms-apk-eclipse-liberty-roms.html