Return For Droid X?

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
I activated my new moto droid on june 16th, will i be able to exchange it for the droid x since it comes out on the 15th? this is the only phone ive ever had that didnt have service at my house...and i want the new phone =]

didiwags

Reaction score
You dont have to come up with an excuse to switch phones ;P
But you have 30 days to switch so yes!!!

Ansextra

Reaction score
Somehow I don't think Verizon would believe that you would get better phone reception with the Droid X instead of the Droid. But I do know you can exchange the phone within 30 days (although they did tell me there's a $35 restocking fee)...

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I just returned my defective incredible today...just gonna wait now until the X is released. As long as you are within your 30 days you should be ok.

OP
g i 8 1 2

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
what happens if they don't have any Xs left in stock? am i S.O.L.?

DroidNinja

Reaction score
The Droid X doesnt drop until July 15th... Maybe you have to figure out what you'll do in the meantime between phones. But i would return it if i could and wait for the X.

dangerous

Reaction score
The Droid X doesnt drop until July 15th... Maybe you have to figure out what you'll do in the meantime between phones. But i would return it if i could and wait for the X.

Reactivate your previous phone and tell VZW the Droid did not work at your house. NO restocking fee should be applied as the Droid DID NOT WORK for you..

Edit... And you have to Reactivate the old phone... this is key..

Last edited:

Signum

Reaction score

Reactivate your previous phone and tell VZW the Droid did not work at your house. NO restocking fee should be applied as the Droid DID NOT WORK for you..

who cares if the phone didnt work in your house?

if you pay attention, you'll see NO carrier advertises the phone will work indoors as there is no way to gaurantee it.

dangerous

Reaction score

who cares if the phone didnt work in your house?

if you pay attention, you'll see NO carrier advertises the phone will work indoors as there is no way to gaurantee it.

He Cares if it doesn't work. That is why he is retuning in his 30 days.

But your advice is good.. Have him just pay the restocking fee..

MrC1122

Reaction score
I activated my new moto droid on june 16th, will i be able to exchange it for the droid x since it comes out on the 15th? this is the only phone ive ever had that didnt have service at my house...and i want the new phone =]

return ur phone by the 11th, 12th at the latest and reactivate an old phone if u intend to pick up a X on the 15th. (according to a verizon employee) u have to wait at least 72 hrs to avoid the $35 fee. it doesn't matter what the reason is...just tell them ur unhappy with it, and thats it.
good luck!

ProjektMayhem

Reaction score
To return your phone... do you need the original packaging?? Part of the deal with the Incredible was the rebate, which involved slicing the UPC off the box...

Cuz97

Reaction score
To return your phone... do you need the original packaging?? Part of the deal with the Incredible was the rebate, which involved slicing the UPC off the box...
Depending on the ops manager of the store, some stores require you to have the box if you didn't do the rebate and of course all the contents of the box i.e. charger and book if not they charge you for it, its like $30 FOR THE CHARGER, $5 OR $10 for the books and IF you already sent in the rebate they may either just waive the rebate from the new phone or pay the rebate back and just do the rebate on the new phone and end up being a wash. All depends on the store. Oh and some states charge restock fee of $35 dollars which is gnarly cuz they(corporate stores) don't resell them after being returned. Mostly authorized dealers would resell a phone if it was returned or exchanged with in 30 days as long as it looks new.

hatchin

Reaction score
Return the phone to your local Verizon store and then go to Best Buy and pre-order your Droid X through them and you will be all set.