Restoring a nandroid backup

skennelly

Reaction score
I apologize if there is a thread already covering my question, but I have been searching for hours and have not found a definitive answer.

Part 1
It is said that making a nandroid backup is taking an "image" of your phone at that particular moment in time. My question is are there any possible modifications that are done that would not revert back to the way they were after restoring a backup.

Ex. build.prop files altered through droid overclock ap, or deodexing.

Part
I have not gotten into custom ROMS yet for fear of getting in over my head. However, I would love to have just a black notification bar for now. I believe that I need to deodex for that mod. It was a nightmare for me to update to 2.3.340 because of changing some build.prop files and I don't want to go through that again. Especially if that next update is Gingerbread.

Thank you for any help

tatuud

Reaction score
A backup using droid x bootstrap actually makes copies of the system/data files on the phone. So unless you tamper with the backup it will be fine. In regards to the blackbar mod...honestly if you follow the devs install instructions it is practically the same to load a bar mod as it is to load a rom. Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
skennelly

skennelly

Reaction score
So basically: if I have a clean stock back up, decide to deodex, wireless tether patch, install roms and themes, if I revert back to the clean stock file it would be as though nothing was ever altered?

Sent from my DROIDX