Resolution tweak - not allowing anymore icons?

OP
WsW-WYATT-EARP
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my home page - as you can see there is 4 across and 4 deep - I can't put anymore on there....

488732fb-f13e-d92b.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My DROID beat-up your iphone

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The number of icons that can go on the home screen is designated by your launcher so I don't think changing the desity would do anything to affect how many you could drop on there. I would suggest getting launcher pro from the marketplace as it will allow you to have up to 7x7 icons.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, just checked out that link. It just looks like it condenses the resolution to make the icons look cleaner. But your icons are still going to be placed on your screen by a grid. So unless your using LP or ADW where you can change the number of rows and columns I don't know what to tell you.

OP
WsW-WYATT-EARP
Reaction score
Thanks Chkmate and Spaz33g-

2 more questions then -

1- stupid thing I did - overwrote the build.prop file without backing it up. I do have a complete backup so its in there - is it possible to extract that file ? As soon as I hit overwrite I knew I messed up.

2- What is "launcher pro" ?

Thanks !

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well not gonna be much help in build.prop, seeing that I haven't started dabbling in it yet.

And Launcher Pro and ADW Launchers are just that, they change your existing launcher screen. The desktop and screens you have set up are/is your launcher. The LP and ADW apps allow you to customize the amount of screens you have, sensitivity, row and columns. There are a bunch of settings for them.

Edit: Note that if you decide to install a launcher app it will start you off with 3 icons and you have to start adding stuff everywhere again. There is a setting to backup the settings in Launcher Pro and ADW so if you want to uninstall and go back to the original setup you had, then you can. And if your reinstall the app you can restore your settings. Give it a shot.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know if you can get that file back but I know that jrumm16's overclock app has an option for lcd density so you could download that (for a dollar) and try setting the density to 240. This is assuming you're rooted.

As for launcher pro it is a customizeable homescreen replacement. It will allow you to do what you're looking for. Search launcher pro in the marketplace.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

nordis

Reaction score
Is there anyway to switch to your original launcher from ADW or LauncerPro?

Hello,

I was following this thread, and pulled both apps down off of the Market.
Once I did I rebooted the phone, and then they both just launched automatically. I wasn't expecting that to happen.

I had a menu, ADW or LauncherPro, so I played around with them both for a bit, but I hadn't had a chance to back up my phone so I just went into Titanium backup, and uninstalled them. Even while I was in ADW.

It worked, I was amazed I thought I was going to brick my phone by uninstalling the application that I was in at the time because it was a Launcher but it didn't, just rebooted. Came up a bit slow the first reboot, and now it's fine.

So is there anyway to stop LauncherPro, and ADW from just taking over the phone? If not is there a way to add the Original Motorola Droid X Launcher to that boot menu that comes up once the additional Launchers are added to the Droid?

Nordis,

D

dankarlinski

you should have the option to launch either/or

if in one launcher, say ADW for the sake of argument, hit home a few times... it should being up the screen with launcher pro and Launcher (the stock one)

if you do the same while in launcher pro, it should show ADW and launcher as options.

you get the picture

nordis

Reaction score
Hmm ok I will try loading them again. But last time I didn't get any option for just launcher.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You may also want to pick up home switcher for froyo as well. It lets you switch between launchers and clear defaults on the fly.

tappin and a talkin

nordis

Reaction score
Nice I'll check that out.

Thanks for the responses guys.