Replacement Droid from Verizon = flat keyboard.

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
Interesting. 2 weeks have passed, and the nice flat keyboard has now become the bubbled hard keyboard. On the phone with Verizon to see if they can ship out another replacement. This is ridiculous. The keyboard is actually hard now. I can press the keys, but it is extremely hard. So I just started using Swype, and it works well.

JCo352

Reaction score
Interesting. 2 weeks have passed, and the nice flat keyboard has now become the bubbled hard keyboard. On the phone with Verizon to see if they can ship out another replacement. This is ridiculous. The keyboard is actually hard now. I can press the keys, but it is extremely hard. So I just started using Swype, and it works well.

Pics to compare?

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
I don't have a camera until the new droid arrives. Then i'll post pix. :p

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
Well, my keyboard is basically the bubbled pic. So nothing new there. It is really weird. Maybe the oils from my skin are causing it to become hard? Who knows...

vastateofmind

Reaction score
Just to be clarify - the slightly bubbled (but not membrane-separated) keyboards are slightly better for touch-typing than the completely flat ones, are they not? My wife got her Droid two months ago and the physical keyboard on hers is completely flat; in fact, when I test type on it, I quite often hit multiple letters at the same time which is a bit frustrating. I'm getting my own Droid next week (coming over to the VZW "dark side" from an HTC Hero on Sprint!) and anticipate getting a flat keyboard as well - not a deal-breaker, though, as I'm accustomed to and most often use the virtual keyboard anyway...

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
Not for me. I hate the bubbled hard-ish version. Just got my second replacement, and it has flat wonderful keys on it. And the screen is not slightly off center. Woo. Not going to activate it till sunday though, too busy.