Replacement Droid from Verizon = flat keyboard.

joshrath

Reaction score
Heads up to everyone. I just got this replacement Moto Droid, Made in 19/10, because my keyboard no longer works... and the keyboard is flat. Make sure to keep your phone nice, unlike what I did, or you end up with flatness.

Now, not that it is a bad thing. From what I can see, I can type just as well on it in light. Dunno about night yet.

part_1276209714870a8135.jpeg

Also, this means I get to reroot, and deroot tonight. FUN STUFF. Starting fresh also. :D

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
Ya know... Typing on this keyboard is 100% easier! I'm used to the flat Macbook Pro keyboard, and it works wayyy better. I'm glad i have it. Now... to root and flash BB!

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
My wife's Droid is bubbled up and mine is flat. Has been that way ever since we bought em.

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
Right now I'm enjoying rooting my Stock 2.1 Phone. WAY easier than back in december.

snowblind113

Reaction score
i had the original droid from the week it released with the bubbled keyboard. last month the entire keyboard started to lift off and i decided to replace it finally (it had a problem closing as well). I must say the flat keyboard is muchhhh nicer and im glad they changed it. now running 2.2 rooted and loving it!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine is flat too. Has been since I bought it in November.

Jmart922

Reaction score
I have the bubbled keyboard, and I find it easier to distinguish each button, I've used the flat keyboard and I just wasn't used to it, dunno. Did anyone have to go from one keyboard to the other and find one more to their liking?

cappa86

Reaction score
i got just a replacement (camera malfunctioned) and it is flat as well, still works great through

Locsta

Reaction score
ya mine was flat in the beginning, but after using the hell out of it its now bubbled. just so ya'll know there all the same phone, the only difference between yours and your wifes phone for example; is she uses her keyboard more....everyone of my phones have had flat keyboards, but after all the texting i have to respond to from my wife, its bubbles. I've had 4 replacements.

Droids

Reaction score
ya mine was flat in the beginning, but after using the hell out of it its now bubbled. just so ya'll know there all the same phone, the only difference between yours and your wifes phone for example; is she uses her keyboard more....everyone of my phones have had flat keyboards, but after all the texting i have to respond to from my wife, its bubbles. I've had 4 replacements.
You're forgetting the fact that many people bought their Droids brand new and had bubbled keyboards out of the box. No one here has ever figured out the rhyme or reason behind this. Moto shipped new Droids with both types. I don't know if anyone has ever closely compared a well used keyboard that bubbled over time to a brand new bubbled keyboard to see if the end result was exactly the same.

mrgoochio

Reaction score

can somebody post a picture of this "bubbled" keyboard?

justreboot

Reaction score
We have about 15 or so folks at my job (Verizon Fios) with droids. 3 of them (not me) have the raised or bubbled keyboard / looks like about 20% from what I've seen and heard / My wife and I both have the flat keyboards / I've had mine since November and my kb is still flat/ I root/backup at least 10x per week/ Not a super heavy kb user. In fact I only use it for 'root activity.' / Still has not recvd the 'bubble effect' I have heard of...