Removing Personal Data before Returning Incredible to Verizon?

Jonathan_S.

Reaction score
After spending over an hour with GoDaddy tech support last night, I don't have any hope left for being able to send work email from my (not-so-) Incredible. (And please don't suggest that I commingle my work email with my personal Gmail.)
So before I return this to the local Verizon store, any suggestions for how/where to remove personal data?

djkms

Reaction score
Have you tried K-9 mail?

In regards to personal data, format your SD card and do a factory reset on your phone...that should remove all your personal data.

OP
J

Jonathan_S.

Reaction score
Super, thanks.
(And yes, unsuccessful in both K9 and the default app, with every conceivable combination of settings tried for outgoing server.)

OP
J

Jonathan_S.

Reaction score
But using pop.secureserver.net is exactly what GoDaddy's instructions already specify -- and that's for incoming anyway. My problem is with outgoing. (I've found plenty of links for the same situation, i.e., okay incoming, but not outgoing.)

djkms

Reaction score
I do believe you will face this problem with any smart phone you buy, this is not going to be Incredible specific, more carrier specific.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Excuse me, but wth is GoDaddy email? Sounds kinda IFIE to me. Even though you say not to, I suggest Gmail :) Given me no problems, been using it for 2 years now. Acts as my School and Personal email