Removable battery VS Waterproof

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I'd take the waterproof. As I'm never more than a few minutes from an outlet. I've just been buying the same old phone when something goes wrong. Usually the speakers. And yes, I do love my turbo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
For some odd reason I cared about having a removable battery, but the strange part was I never kept a device long enough for the battery to go bad....lol. I get a new one every year with AT&ts next program. So a removable battery got less and less important.

Now I would rather have the water resistance, more of a chance me dropping it in a puddle or the toilet than having the battery go bad..lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
For some odd reason I cared about having a removable battery, but tdd he strange part was I never kept a device long enough for the battery to go bad....lol. I get a new one every year with AT&ts next program. So a removable battery got less and less important.

Now I would rather have the water resistance, more of a chance me dropping it in a puddle or the toilet than having the battery go bad..lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

basically that is what happened with me. I wanted the removable battery but then I realized I did not need it after all after a bunch of years.

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
On topic how many here carry or keep easy access to a charge pack or even battery case?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I carry them in my overnight bag, tool bag, glove box,. I used it a lot at work.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I keep a charge pack, power pack or whatever it is called in my car for power emergencies.

There's something to be said about that. Everyone is generally like "1-2 days on a charge is perfectly good for me".....EXCEPT in that event of a tornado/flood that knocks power out for days. I suppose, if you're near your car, you could always charge it there (but you might not want to waste the gas, and otherwise you're risking draining your car battery).