Remote Editing of Office documents using Razr?

psukta

Reaction score
Apparently with motocast I am able to just access files from my Mac home computer using my razr, but I cannot edit them on the razr and then save them back to the home computer. Is this right?

If so, can anyone recommend a reliable way of accessing AND editing office documents remotely on the razr, or any android device?

Thanks!

soops

Reaction score
I don't have motocast (still on OG), but for quick office editing. I used quick office pro. It does what I need on the go.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
P

psukta

Reaction score
Are you able to access office documents from your "home computer" remotely, edit them with quick office pro via your android mobile device, and have those edits saved back onto your home computer. Or something really close to this?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe Sugarsync allows this functionality.

soops

Reaction score
Are you able to access office documents from your "home computer" remotely, edit them with quick office pro via your android mobile device, and have those edits saved back onto your home computer. Or something really close to this?

No, I actually saved the files on my dropbox account. Works great. A month or so ago I tried out remote desktop app (free on amazon). It was lagging real bad over my 3G reception. When tested at home with my wifi (not overly fast) it was ok. Definitely cumbersome on small screen. Once I upgrade to 4G phone I'm going to try again.

I'm going to look into sugarsync.

OP
P

psukta

Reaction score
Actually Soops, I just tried my MobiSystems OfficeSuite5, and used the "remote files" feature. And I was able to access dropbox files. So I selected an office file, edited it, and---it automatically synched. This is the first time in nearly 4 months of trying this that I was able to have a seamless sync between android office edits to desktop!

Sugar sync was a nightmare for me. It created a gazillion multiple copies of my files.

soops

Reaction score
Actually Soops, I just tried my MobiSystems OfficeSuite5, and used the "remote files" feature. And I was able to access dropbox files. So I selected an office file, edited it, and---it automatically synched. This is the first time in nearly 4 months of trying this that I was able to have a seamless sync between android office edits to desktop!

Sugar sync was a nightmare for me. It created a gazillion multiple copies of my files.

Nice. Does office suite remote file feature let you access your computer. Dropbox has saved me many times but still the drawback for me is that I have to drop every files/docs into it. If I forget or don't sync to drop box then my last resort would be to use my remote desktop to access my computer. If I'm on wifi I don't experience too much lag.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I use documents to go app for remotely accessing my Dropbox account as well as my box.net account. Works fine with my excel, word and PDF files. Eithor altering existing documents or even creating new ones.

OP
P

psukta

Reaction score
@ Snoop. The OfficeSuite 5 is synched to drop box, and drop box functions as it normally does: you have to put everything in the dropbox folder.

OP
P

psukta

Reaction score
@ rlarson. I will look into this. I really want something that has the editing capabilities of ezPDF reader. lets see..