Release Date On Gingerbread???

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about when we may get Gingerbread for X2??? I've been all over the internet to find any information about it and can't find nothing... Does anyone have any news????

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Not soon enough is the answer to your question.

metalacolypse87

Reaction score
I heard from Verizon today when I called them that the update should be rolling out in a couple weeks. So hopefully its true.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

myriad46

Reaction score
I heard from Verizon today when I called them that the update should be rolling out in a couple weeks. So hopefully its true.

Not to say that that timeframe is untrue, or that they actually did tell you that, but history has shown us that the call center operators and in-store staff are woefully ignorant to things like this. I hope it is soon, but I wouldn't clear your weekend plans just yet.

metalacolypse87

Reaction score
Im not holding my breath because they say a few weeks but hopefully its true and the update does come in a few weeks. Although it be great for 2.3 to be out in less than two months fir the x2.

OP
DoubleTapp89

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
This is what I was afraid to hear. I really would like to know how much progress Motorola have made and how much longer it would take to complete. :/

barrister89

Reaction score
Hate to be the cynic but I've been with VZ a long time and it would not surprise me if VZ/Moto orphans the X2 given that the X3 4g is already in development.

I'm within the 14 days and can return my phone. Don't want to but wonder if I should keep an Andriod phone without any definitive statement by VX/Moto that the phone will be upgraded with the current version of the Android OS on a specific date. GB was released quite a while ago and obviously VZ/Moto couldn't get it to work on the X2 as opposed to the X, which they are now upgrading. VZ/Moto hypes Android in their commercials yet sold me a phone with an obsolete version.

I feel a little like I bought the latest, greatest quad core desktop only to be told that at this time it can only run Windows XP.

myriad46

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it's just a matter of time. To be honest, Motorola/VZW (and others) have been working through their fleet at a pretty good clip. The X got it, the Droid 2 is getting it, the Atrix got it, The Fascinate is getting it, etc. I think the X2, though an updated version of the X, is latest in the releases. They are going through in the order that the phones came out.

Jason.DROID

Reaction score
I'd like Gingerbread too, but c'mon guys, you should be patient. We could have an HTC-esque update that bricks phones, you know. I'd much rather wait and have the bugs worked out rather than a rushed GB release that's worse than the Froyo that came with it. It definitely needs more performance optimizations for the Tegra 2, that's for sure.

Mavic

Reaction score
I just hope they read these forums and know how to prioritize bugfixes. Some people have had to cycle two or three times through X2s to get a decent one, and if it still sucked they just returned it. This looks bad on Motorola and VZW for releasing a flagship phone with these issues. I really hope Gingerbread puts the icing on the cake, though. My X2 is fast right now, but seeing more dual-core utilization and memory management straight out of the update would be a godsend. I will be patient for as long as it takes.

Haiasi

Reaction score
Ehh I wouldn't consider the X2 to really be a flagship phone for either Motorola or Verizon. I'd say the flagship phones will probably be the D3 and Bionic.

Also its weird that so many people are having issues with the phone. My folks both got X2s and they aren't having any issues with them. Maybe they just got lucky.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I don't think the x2 will get gingerbread. It can barely handle froyo. It has less AVAILABLE RAM than the droid 1

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk