Recover paid software after hard reset/gmail account change

eman01

Reaction score
I got my new Droid 2 (Verizon) and quickly purchased Ultimate Juice. After 2 days, I had to change my primary gmail account because I dumbly chose the same user name as my work account (also gmail) which became quite confusing. So to change the phone's primary gmail account, it made me do a hard reset. I sync'ed to both the old & new gmail accounts prior to the reset, hopinjg U.J would somehow be preserved. No dice.

I have emailed Latedroid Customer Service with no response.

1) Any way to recover Ultimate Juice without paying again?

2) Is there a backup program that saves EVERYTHING on the Droid so if I lose it, trash it or have to do another hard reset, everything can be restored, including all downloaded programs, settings, etc. I am coming from a Palm Centro where Backup Buddy accomplished this.

Thanks!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
1, yes, you'll have to sign into your original account or work something out with the developer.

2, are you rooted? It's called Titanium Backup for the apps and for the rest you'd need to be able to make a full nandroid backup.

Oh, and :welcome: to the forum!

OP
E

eman01

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. I did try to sync with old account; no effect.

I have considered rooting- I tried searching & there were a million hits. A few questions, if I may: How safe/stable are they (device freezing etc)? How do I preserve my apps/settings? Are roots device specific (Moto vs HTC ETC)? My ROM is 2.2.2; is there a root for that?
If there is a link that addresses these I'd be happy to read myself.
Thanks again.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you don't flash a ROM it's as stable as stock. Roots are often manufacturer-specific, and some are device-specific, but there are two you should look at. The first one involves doing it yourself, which we recommend because the one-touch methods often screw up or are used incorrectly.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

Give that a whirl. You won't lose any settings or anything, though if you do eventually decide to start ROM-flashing you WILL lose settings and whatnot when you do that. Some people find it worth it, others do not. It takes a while to set your phone back up, after all.

OP
E

eman01

Reaction score
Thanks much for the help & the link fur. One last Q: advantages of changing ROM with rooting? It seems the disadvantages would be reinstalling everything& possibly instability. I'll check the link.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App