Ready to upgrade to a smartphone, but don't know what to get.

n4ows

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm finally ready to upgrade to a smartphone. My carrier is Verizon. I need a smartphone for my business, so I can take credit cards at shows. I've looked at both iPhones and Android OS, but just can't decide. I have had Casio military spec phones for over 10 years. I've had 3 Casio G'zOne phones and now a Casio EXILIM. I drop my phone a lot and have never had any of these break. I have never accidentally dropped any of these phones in water, but I have horse and have carried and used my phone in the rain with no problems.

I am not at all opposed to a case, in fact, I plan to get a case with my phone and keep it on.

So, my question is this... Is there a smartphone and case combo that will give me the same freedom I am used to with my Casio phone?

I have read terrible reviews on the current Casio G'zOne Commando smartphone with only 54% of the reviews recommending the phone, saying that the phone is tough, but the call quality is poor and locks up frequently. I looked the link for the Casio G-Shock phone, but don't see that as available at Verizon.

Thanks,
Alisa