Ready for an upgrade soon

poooookah78

Reaction score
Well,

I've had a droid since late 09 and I'm ready for an upgrade. What is the most powerful droid phone out there right now? Can the new phones be overclocked and modded as heavily as the droid has been?

donebrasko

Reaction score
me too

I am looking at getting either the DroidX or Dinc for a one year contract. A year from now the 4g cloud will be a little clearer. My question is which one can be rooted to allow the free hotspot? I dont want the adhoc wifi tethering that my DroidOG is doing now. I want to be able to use the ap hotspot tethering. Anyone know anything?

alanbk

Reaction score
I am looking at getting either the DroidX or Dinc for a one year contract. A year from now the 4g cloud will be a little clearer. My question is which one can be rooted to allow the free hotspot? I dont want the adhoc wifi tethering that my DroidOG is doing now. I want to be able to use the ap hotspot tethering. Anyone know anything?

Not only are the new phones LTE(4g) many them are going to sport the new Nvidia Tegra dual core processor. Qualicom also has a dual core snapdragon coming out. The Moto Bionic has caught my eye which has the Tegra processor I think. If I were you I'd wait for the LTE dual core phones. They are only a few months away. The day they do come out, you will wish you waited.

alucard9114

Reaction score
wait for the bionic anything with a tegra 2
i would hold out with your droid 1 until it dies
the longer you wait the more powerful phones

kingsway8605

Reaction score
wait for the bionic anything with a tegra 2
i would hold out with your droid 1 until it dies
the longer you wait the more powerful phones

I wouldn't wait for the Bionic. It isn't going to be released until April at the earliest and will likely have a locked bootloader. Motorola is locking the bootloaders of their new phones so they can use OS upgrades to sell new phones. HTC has a mixed track record with openness, hold out for the thunderbolt being released in February or March. Just check to see if it is hackable once more details emerge.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^+1 I'd trade a CPU core for an unlocked bootloader any day.