Razr's Unremovable Battery???

deborah3756

Reaction score
Why did motorola make the Razr without a removable battery? Doesn't that make it more difficult for trouble shooting?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
Why did motorola make the Razr without a removable battery? Doesn't that make it more difficult for trouble shooting?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

They made it without a removable battery to make it as thin as possible due to the mental disorder that causes carriers to feel that thin design=dollars; this results in options being shaved off. They wanted it as thin as possible to be able to aggressively advertise it as "The World's Thinnest Smartphone...."

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Derekweb

Reaction score
That will make it the world's most frozen phone!!

I do not root, but I still need to pull battery on the Bionic. Can't blame moto, but I would like to. But who knows what kind of code is inside the 200 apps I downloaded.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the Droid 4 is going to be the same without a removable battery. Looks like this is going to be new motorola thing.

akhi216

Reaction score
the Droid 4 is going to be the same without a removable battery. Looks like this is going to be new motorola thing.

The same should be expected from other manufacturers as this thin "supermodel" phone trend continues.

LG, Samsung, and HTC, etc. are not just gonna sit and let Motorola take the thinnest smartphone and thinnest slider smartphone crowns without putting up a fight. They're gonna continue to make phones thinner and thinner, removing feature after feature, until people start buying thicker phones with full features. Hell, the Gnex doesn't even have a sd card slot.

Last edited:

Heywood

Reaction score
The same should be expected from other manufacturers as this thin "supermodel" phone trend continues.

LG, Samsung, and HTC, etc. are not just gonna sit and let Motorola take the thinnest smartphone and thinnest slider smartphone crowns without putting up a fight. They're gonna continue to make phones thinner and thinner, removing feature after feature, until people start buying thicker phones with full features. Hell, the Gnex doesn't even have a sd card slot.

That's the truth

akhi216

Reaction score
They made it without a removable battery to make it as thin as possible due to the mental disorder that causes carriers to feel that thin design=dollars; this results in options being shaved off. They wanted it as thin as possible to be able to aggressively advertise it as "The World's Thinnest Smartphone...."

It's funny how they remove options then charge you more for the phone.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I just dont get it. The phone is still 5+ inches by 3+ inches so how is being thinner any kind of advantage? It still takes up as much pocket space as the "fatter" Bionic!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to know how a phone so thin will feel in the hand. My IPad was uncomfortable to hold - until I got a case for it that basically doubles the thickness. Really, what's the point of these ultra-thin phones when they're so fragile you have to put a case over them anyway?

Thin does nothing for me. The weight does nothing for me. Just make a good phone with features. Gotta give Apple credit for creating differentiation on an entirely useless feature. But creating huge demand and desire for tablets - which even after 6 months I still don't really see the need or use for - is an even bigger coup. I mean, a lot of criticism and Apple bashing is unwarranted, but they REALLY DO literally tell people what they will want and will love and the sheeple swallow it hook, line and sinker.

LOL, while I'm on my little mini-rant....Saw a commercial for the new IPhone the other day demonstrating Siri....The girl says into her phone "I'm locked out", and Siri responds "let me find some locksmiths in your area". Now think about that for a minute... First off, you would call a friend with a spare key, or maybe even a landlord. Failing that, I guess that commercial is telling me IPhone owners (or perhaps just women:)) aren't smart enough to use their smartphone to search for a locksmith.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^My DX was also uncomfortable for me to hold naked. I dont usually get cases for my phones but I had to for the X because it was too thin.

akhi216

Reaction score
I'm interested to know how a phone so thin will feel in the hand. My IPad was uncomfortable to hold - until I got a case for it that basically doubles the thickness. Really, what's the point of these ultra-thin phones when they're so fragile you have to put a case over them anyway?

A phone with a stainless steel core, Corning Gorilla Glass, and kevlar backing is fragile?

Thin does nothing for me. The weight does nothing for me. Just make a good phone with features. Gotta give Apple credit for creating differentiation on an entirely useless feature.

Agreed.

But creating huge demand and desire for tablets - which even after 6 months I still don't really see the need or use for - is an even bigger coup.

The tablet was a great idea IMO. It's much easier and much more enjoyable to play a first person shooter or a game that has touchscreen d-pads on a tablet than a 3.5"-5.3" screen provided that the screen is smooth to the touch, the extra real estate comes in handy.

I mean, a lot of criticism and Apple bashing is unwarranted...

CrApple, under the wing of their now deceased fearless leader used a lot of unethical cringeworthy tactics that were unwarranted.

I mean, a lot of criticism and Apple bashing is unwarranted, but they REALLY DO literally tell people what they will want and will love and the sheeple swallow it hook, line and sinker.

You didn't know? I'm led to believe that they put hidden messages in the Retina Display on the iPhlop 4 to hypnotize people, hence the brainwashed iSheep masses standing in line for days to get the iPhlop 4S.

Last edited:

akhi216

Reaction score
The thing is that if phones keep getting thinner, more and more features will have to be removed. The Droid RAZR lacks a removable battery for this reason, and even the Galaxy Nexus lacks an sd card slot. What's next to go? They'll probably remove the HDMI slot and come up with some kind of wireless technology, or maybe they'll make cloud phones with no internal memory LOL.