RAZR XT910 absolutely will not check for updates..

Jax84

Reaction score
Realized I hadn't had a system update in well over a year. After some research discovered I missed out on Jelly Bean, more research revealed it is available for my XT910 through Roger's in Canada. Connected to wifi, excellent strength, data up and running as usual, battery at 80%, but got the message "check for update is not available" blah blah blah... Uninstalled most of my apps, removed sim and memory cards, powered off and on and battery reset, but still got the same message. More research revealed I was not connected to a network (all apps working just fine though, phone itself working great, don't really understand how I wasn't on a network as I use this phone for EVERYTHING). After another couple hours of digging, finally got my phone to connect to the Roger's network. According to everything I've read on the Motorola, Roger's, and various tech geek sites and forums, my phone should have updated ten times over by now. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Thought I'd try to fix it myself before I actually call Roger's and spend half the day trying all these things over again for some call center 3 provinces away..

Thank You! :)