Razr v razr max

frowdawg

Reaction score
I have both the RAZR and the RAZR Maxx for my work and personal phones and I'm a pretty heavy user. My Razr lasts about 3/4 of a day, usually close to dying by 5 or 6. My Maxx on the other hand can go almost 2 full days with heavy use. I really cranked on it today...streaming twit audio podcasts and slacker radio about an hour and a half on the way to and from work, checked email every half hour, sent about 20 text messages, watched a few YouTube vids, and lots app usage. Its now 11pm and I'm at 50%. The RAZR battery sucks for the type of users likely reading these forums but the Maxx blows every other phone I've had away, including my DroidX with an extended life battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This is going to sound stupid, but I'd rather be at 40% after a full day of usage right before bed than at 80%.
at 80% I feel weird putting it on the charger while I'm asleep, 60% or less go ahead and charge it. If I let
it sit overnight at 80% without charging sometimes it does not make it through the next day. On the original
thin RAZR I have to work at using the battery, the maxx would just throw off my routine.

It may seem weird to top off the charge from only 20% down, but it's actually better for the battery. Lithium Ion Polymer batteries last longer if recharged more frequently and not allowed to drain below the warning level of 20%.

If you don't believe me goto http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries and do the research.

SANhacker

Reaction score
I have the RAZR but if I was buying a phone today it would definitely be the RAZR Maxx. I have never been able to go through the battery on a RAZR but given the added capacity of the Maxx, I would never turn it down.

Just my $.02 cents. We are talking about one penny of thckness. I believe this is roughly 1.8 mm for a 3300 mah battery.
Geesh. Why would I not want it ?

thegreatone3

Reaction score
For me it was about cost. Of course I would prefer the bigger battery, but the white Razr was $49.99 on Wirefly while the Maxx was $229.99. Between a charger at work, home, and in the car, I'm always in good shape. Longer battery life would be great, but not for 4-5x the price.

T

TheAlpha

Wow that pisses me off thaat I spent a small fortune on the rzr then they came out with a way better version like a week later.

The battery sucks on this thing.

Dammit

I feel you

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I thinks its just a matter of time when some company will be selling extended batteries for our razors. I mean that's the only difference between razor and maxx

T

TheAlpha

I wish they had released the razr maxx and not the original razr so wed all have excellent battery power.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Wait. I had a chance to exchange it and no one told me?

Why wouldn't verizon let me knoee?

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Wait. I had a chance to exchange it and no one told me?

Why wouldn't verizon let me knoee?

If you bought it from a store the Rep should have said if you don't like the phone, want to exchange it, change your mind etc etc you must do so with in 14 days and there is a restocking fee.

drassald

Reaction score
Same here. I am getting an average of 18.5 hours out of my razr. Wish I had the maxx, but I still get a full day use out of my phone.